Torn Majorly!

Fixed Pants™

Right, gonna bosh out a quick post as i need to leave for work soon.

Basically, started Evans last monday. Went for a standalone new bikehut store interview on thurs, found out on sat that i got the job in BH.

Evans pay is 12k a year + 1k bonus which is pretty likely. When i get cytech 2 i go up by 1k on my basic pay... But apparently that could take up to 2 years.

BH is 14k basic, not sure on bonuses. They're pretty much the same job, trade price bike stuff etc.

Gotta tell the bikehut people today whether or not i want the job.

Dunno which one to go for. It's gonna be awkward leaving Evans after a week.

Edited by Fat Pants™

Nobody cares! Jesus fatty how many life decisions do you want TF to make for you? More money or less money? its really your own choice fatty, there both bike shops so i assume will involve the same kind of work, if you don't mind to getting to St.Pauls everyday come wind rain and show then do it! Chances are you bike will get stolen somewhere along the line or vandailsed or broken so you cant ride it into work. Its an easy enough walk though.

I don't mean to sound too pissy but if i made topics like. What to take at college again and again then people would start to get annoyed at me, but i have a brain and can make decisions about whats best for me.

Nobody cares! Jesus fatty how many life decisions do you want TF to make for you? More money or less money? its really your own choice fatty, there both bike shops so i assume will involve the same kind of work, if you don't mind to getting to St.Pauls everyday come wind rain and show then do it! Chances are you bike will get stolen somewhere along the line or vandailsed or broken so you cant ride it into work. Its an easy enough walk though.

I don't mean to sound too pissy but if i made topics like. What to take at college again and again then people would start to get annoyed at me, but i have a brain and can make decisions about whats best for me.

What's wrong with asking advice? Have you never had trouble deciding between two things before? Sometimes other people can suggest things you might not have thought of but wil help your decision process. If none of asked advice, we might often miss out on something better.

Anyway, I'd suss out what the people are like at each job. Working with people you like makes such a different to your experience of a work place.

Edited by rowly

What's wrong with asking advice? Have you never had trouble deciding between two things before? Sometimes other people can suggest things you might not have thought of but wil help your decision process. If none of asked advice, we might often miss out on something better.

Anyway, I'd suss out what the people are like at each job. Working with people you like makes such a different to your experience of a work place.

What Simp is getting at is that Fatty turns to TF over everything he ever does, then ignores it and does the opposite.

What Simp is getting at is that Fatty turns to TF over everything he ever does, then ignores it and does the opposite.

Given the average trials forum user, ignoring most of the advice people on here give him would probably work out for the best anyway.

Becuase despite whatever we say he will have already made his mind up and ignore everyones advise. Read his "epic win or epic fail" thread for more info. And yea i may have struggled between 2 things before but i can make up my own mind, if i get really stuck then i somethings write out a +ve's VS -ve's on a page and see which one is more +ve. Hes going on a forum of people from all across the UK to ask about 2 different bike shops in London.... everyone who he rides with in London he has on MSN, but if it was me i would be more inclinded to go into the stores myself, hes had a weeks exp. in Evans, so why not spend a few hours in Bikehut see what its like?

Becuase despite whatever we say he will have already made his mind up and ignore everyones advise. Read his "epic win or epic fail" thread for more info. And yea i may have struggled between 2 things before but i can make up my own mind, if i get really stuck then i somethings write out a +ve's VS -ve's on a page and see which one is more +ve. Hes going on a forum of people from all across the UK to ask about 2 different bike shops in London.... everyone who he rides with in London he has on MSN, but if it was me i would be more inclinded to go into the stores myself, hes had a weeks exp. in Evans, so why not spend a few hours in Bikehut see what its like?

Thats very existential of you, but yeh i agree, the only reason people often ask for advice is just to clairfy the decision they already want to make, even if others dont agree they more than often simply make that same decision anyway

I'd just go for the one with more money, if its a better job then id just leave even if it is awkward.

Edited by Bondy

Well i've bitten the bullet today after reading a few posts at work, i'm going to Bikehut simply because apparently, i'm not even getting 12k at Evans and will definitely be on 14 at least at bikehut. I have the opportunity to get to dorking bikehut on wednesday to prove i'm worth more than 14, which might be possible...

Evans manager was pretty understanding, even though he's a bit of a cock... Basically said the difference between 11.5 or whatever and 14k a year is a big one considering my age and that he'd go to bikehut himself if he was in my shoes.

Evans pay is 12k a year + 1k bonus which is pretty likely. When i get cytech 2 i go up by 1k on my basic pay... But apparently that could take up to 2 years.

BH is 14k basic, not sure on bonuses. They're pretty much the same job, trade price bike stuff etc.

Im pretty sure halford discount is 15% which is no where near trade :)

And cytech can take a few months if your fast with the written side of it, its just so boring which is the main problem with it. My gran could do the practical side its that easy..

Tim

Edited by DrEvil270183

Im pretty sure halford discount is 15% which is no where near trade :)

And cytech can take a few months if your fast with the written side of it, its just so boring which is the main problem with it. My gran could do the practical side its that easy..

Tim

It's not Halfords, it's bikehut, and it is indeed proper trade.

Also, cytech 1 is probably really easy, but 2 and 3 is pretty hard, not something the average person can do...

It's not Halfords, it's bikehut, and it is indeed proper trade.

Also, cytech 1 is probably really easy, but 2 and 3 is pretty hard, not something the average person can do...

Cytech level 2, did it in 4/5months when i finally got someone to test me and check through the book etc.

The tutors/testers kept quitting before that so i had a book full of health and safety, laws etc.

Its really easy and anyone who fails it shouldn't be allowed near bikes. They don't perform cytech level 1 anymore because if you could PDI a bike, you passed.

Level 3 isn't operating at the moment in a lot of places as they're trying to change it towards an apprentice or something similar.

Also, I'd double check you'd be getting £14k a year at halfords! :S

If you're working 9:00-5:30 Monday to Friday, that'd be 37 1/2 paid hours per week (give an hour for lunch).

That works out at well over £7 per hour, which I seriously doubt you'd be getting.

You'll be on around £5 an hour, which to get 14k would mean you'd be working 54 hour weeks. :ermm:

I'd check the pay system first buddy.

Also, I'd double check you'd be getting £14k a year at halfords! :S

If you're working 9:00-5:30 Monday to Friday, that'd be 37 1/2 paid hours per week (give an hour for lunch).

That works out at well over £7 per hour, which I seriously doubt you'd be getting.

You'll be on around £5 an hour, which to get 14k would mean you'd be working 54 hour weeks. :ermm:

I'd check the pay system first buddy.

re read his post mike! its not halfords bike hut, its a standalone company called bikehut, in no way shape or form affiliated with halfords

http://www.bikehut.com/

Ben