My New Ozonys Xr26!

Stan Shaw

Bike looks amazing stan, see you've gone back to burns ? Any reason ?

My Tryall cranks were pretty battered and quite old so I wanted some new cranks and I've had that Ti Bash lying around for about a year so seemed a good choice!

stans a weight weenie innit....thats what im reckoning

You Scottish basher :P The burns including bash are the same weight as the Tryalls inc bash/sprocket :)

I like!

Whats happend to the other 1000's ov ozonys you've had before.

I've only had 2 Ozonys frames, both the 2007 model. They are both still going :)

wow that bike looks very nice, it is for sure new page in trials, slick tire, that should be interesting. bike is too light :D , cant wait for the movie, and..... one question, why did vou make movie only when you build new bike? :) you should do it more often (Y)

I have been to edit some videos for ages, but having problems getting footage to play etc. I have around 2/3hrs footage :) Cheers for the comment though!

Rode natural at the weekend with the slick tyre on and found it really good! The rocks were pretty grippy like, but it still impressed me. One thing I love about the tyre is its so stable and does not squirm or fold at all. Really liking it! Also now its worn in some more I think its more grippy, the compound is quite soft.

It will be shit in the wet I reckon, but for dry it seems fine so far.

So are these sliks just prototypes or are they actually available to buy?

They will be available to buy pretty soon!

How much weight do you save by cutting out the second wall of your rear rim? And is it prone to buckling afterwards?

Andrew

Saved 90grams. My wheel is still pretty dam true. Had that rim for about 6 weeks at least now. Its weaker, but Its still fine I reckon as you don't do massive drops etc.

Tis really nice Stan ... reeeeal nice.

I actually found an old tyre lying about and had a try out of this front slick effort - and to be honest - its pretty good ..

I saved over 100g just cutting the sideknobs of my maxxis highroller (the middle ones were completely to the casing !!) so it must be a pretty light tyre now ...

It grips really well on street stuff, and is not too bad in the rain either ...

The only downside is balance beams / railride things are alot lot harder/scarier. Also the steering is super wierd - as if the bike wont go in a straight line - it always wants to turn or lean over ... :(

not 100% on the drilling stan but hey - why not i guess ?

Tis really nice Stan ... reeeeal nice.

I actually found an old tyre lying about and had a try out of this front slick effort - and to be honest - its pretty good ..

I saved over 100g just cutting the sideknobs of my maxxis highroller (the middle ones were completely to the casing !!) so it must be a pretty light tyre now ...

It grips really well on street stuff, and is not too bad in the rain either ...

The only downside is balance beams / railride things are alot lot harder/scarier. Also the steering is super wierd - as if the bike wont go in a straight line - it always wants to turn or lean over ... :(

not 100% on the drilling stan but hey - why not i guess ?

Cheers dude! Yeah I agree on the slick front, I think there pretty good and most people will instantly right it off, but when you try it, its ok.

On the drilling of my frame. I probably wouldn't do it again considering how much effort it was. I've never modified a frame before and had to do it at least once I guess.

Stan. :)

Ace idea with the front tyre stan, what pressure do you run it at? seems to be a little rounded. Can see it working great on the streets, Smooth surface to give a larger surface contact area and therefore more friction, all about the tribology lol. whats it like on natural stuff?

Ace idea with the front tyre stan, what pressure do you run it at? seems to be a little rounded. Can see it working great on the streets, Smooth surface to give a larger surface contact area and therefore more friction, all about the tribology lol. whats it like on natural stuff?

surface area has no effect on friction, its the force apllied that increases.

im sure i've heard this agument on this forum before, so i dont want to go off the topic of the thread, obviously sports cars have wider tyres so they get more grip, but i was just going from F=friction co-efficient*R where theres no mention of surface area.

I beg to differ alot :)

Patt's going to bust out his university knowledge here!!

Oh yeah, and nice bicycle stan, i remember seeing one of those front tyres at the koxx factory after koxx days 07, its good to see someone using one.

Ridings looking good as always dude (Y)

Edited by Scotty Evil1

Right after having the tyre for a few weeks and ridden it on most surfaces I can say that for street I am not going back to a treaded tyre. The slick is awesome on street.

The majority of people have slated the tyre saying it won't grip this and that, but it grips fine and it is super stable, no squirm what so ever.

The other weekend I rode some really dusty rocks and at first it was difficult, but after an hour or so I forgot I even had a slick tyre. I think a tyre with tread may have been slightly better but not massively. Obviously the tyre isn't going to perform to well on wet stuff or mossy rocks. I think tread is needed there.

Before you slag it off at least try it for a few rides. I know Ali C is getting on well with his. :turned:

awesome mate :)

thanks for trying something new and for posting how it has gone. I bet in a few weeks (or once tyre is avail to public) many people will be rockin em.

Been tryin to catch you online, but been uber busy, just wondering if you stil riding ur silver cannibal ?

cheers danny.

Edited by streetjibs