Ban On Selling Samurai Swords

Barbara Logan-Price

Urm when i was younger i was threatened by 3 men with mashetis (sp?) Was pretty darn scary, got to the top of my road with my dog and 1 of them pointed his sword at me and said, "get him" I ran home so fast, probably the fastest i've ever moved in my life. Got loads of police out in stabb proff vests but never found them. I think it was just a couple of older lads wandering arround outside their house with them. But still propper shit me up.

I don't see any need for them in today society, and its genrally only wierdo's that want them

and its genrally only wierdo's that want them

Exactly. A friend of mine has them for a 'collection'...I don't think he'd use any on a person, but I don't believe people buy them to admire...I mean, fair enough if its an antique or something, but not some tacky shit made in China.

Anything that gets any form of knife or sword off the streets is a good thing. Look at the papers; stabbings no longer make front page news because its just becoming the norm. The small majoirty of people who like sword and can be trusted with them is a small group to upset for the sake of saving the lives of people, and preventing f**kwits having access to them...

But then again, if anyone wants a sword that badly, its not hard to get hold of one....same with guns.

Edited by anzo

but people can still buy swords just not swords with a curved blade

Yeah but I can't imagine many wannabe ninja knife nuts want to run around with a Sir Lancelot Edition Genuine Replica Medieval Sword.

Luckily I already have my swords from ages ago lol.

Got a proper Gurkha khukuri, is sick as f**k and is abit sharp :(

Also got a machete.

These are from my days of being weird and obsessed with weapons

Edited by Si-man

Yeah but I can't imagine many wannabe ninja knife nuts want to run around with a Sir Lancelot Edition Genuine Replica Medieval Sword.

but on the same front, if i wanted to cut someone, i wouldnt care if i used a samurai sword, st georges lance, a cooking knife, a divers knife, a pen knife or a butter knife. Id cut them, and if i was twisted enough to be 100% sure i wanted a samurai sword to take someones arm off, then the fact that id be willing to go and cut someones limbs off, would kinda suggest i wouldnt be that concerned about whether i got me sworf legally from a shop, or bought it off si man.

likewise, all the people who carry knives on the street, dont really carry big stuff, stanley knives, the occasional butterfly knife, a lock knife. so its not gunna reduce it on that front.

and the people who keep swords for self protection in their house, im sure theyll find another equally effective weapon.

and the people who keep swords for self protection in their house, im sure theyll find another equally effective weapon.

can you really get away with that. i know all the reasonable force and that but that'd be a bit cheeky.

ive got a baseball bat but thats mainly for my mum when shes indoors alone etc but i dont understand how you can say youve got a samuri/machete for self defence. personally i think its just excessive.

i think soon as with guns you're going to have to have a licene for knives, not kitchen knives and that but anything over a certain length or bought without the intention of cooking or working etc. i think it would be a good idea and it might just put people off from carrying them but i also think that the penalty for carrying one should be alot heavier. alot of the time thyre just confiscated. maybe like guns. 5 years +1 extra for every round your carrying. 2 years + 1 extra for anything over 3"

can you really get away with that. i know all the reasonable force and that but that'd be a bit cheeky.

no you cant have one in your house, labelled up "for self defence use only".

but you can have them wall mounted as ornaments on your wall, and if a bloke was in your house threatening to kill you, using one would probably be deemed reasonable force. and if it comes down to being in that kind of situation i probably wouldnt be thinking of legal implications..

most of the thing about reasonable force, is the weapon cant be placed pre meditated for self defence, being confronted in the kitchen, and fight or flight, grabbing a knife in the heat of the moment etc.. and you cant go too mad with it. i.e you cant have anything placed to protect yourself.

same as carrying a kosh, and a 4 inch blade in me car would be considered pretty illegal, but carrying a wheel brace and a screwdriver, as part of a toolkit wouldnt be, and quite frankly if it comes down to needing to use a wheel brace to defend meself, id view it as being a serious enough situation to not have to consider the legal implications of using one.