Adulthood

Danny Kearns

Cheers man, first time i watched kidulthood i thought the ending was abit weird didnt understand it. maybe it was just missing important parts ? that like linked it all together ? Or maybe it was just generaly gash :P

I didn't understand the ending either, I just went... "erm - what?", And then had to ask my mate what actually happened.

Although, as danny said, it's not as good as the original, I wouldn't say it was actually that bad.

I generally can't understand how you found the end of Kidulthood wierd ? Sam was seeking revenge for them doing him over etc. He went at Trief with a baseball ball, took it abit too far and killed him, Like it states in Adulthood

"Im not a killer, nor are you Jay, your like me"

. Then it does follow on from Kidulthood in Adulthood, But around midway of the film, everything just goes on the piss and off storyline and nothing makes sense.

nah i understand that bit, but like i found weird how he went for just the one of them :S not them all ? After watching it a second time all made sence...

danny check pm's bud !

Actually, it was possible for me to have seen it already 'cos I got tickets to the preview screening at London with Bashy. Couldn't be f**ked so I let my friend go.

Incidentally, my friend said it was 'alright'.

From my experience, the 'streets of London' aren't really like Kidulthood for a start, so bearing in mind the reviews I've read of Adulthood, Adulthood's not particularly similar either.

IS THAT A JOKE? oh my god some one has probably comented on this already but i was goin out with/seeing a girl from east london and that was exactly what it was like, but more guns...

tryin leaving the centre of london and head into the 'ghettos'

im hungry

I was going to say but decided to leave it out. From my exp. there are area like this in London. I mean ask Fatty he's only in Penge and one of his mates got stabbed.

I was going to say but decided to leave it out. From my exp. there are area like this in London. I mean ask Fatty he's only in Penge and one of his mates got stabbed.

yeh but thats not happening everyday is it, the themes in kidulthood are all there but they make it seem so much more regular than it actually is. In my whole life ive only had one person who i know personally get stabbed, one person kill herself. Guns are becoming more regular I've had some handgun pulled on me before but ive never seen one being used only really heard about it. And this is in 6 years of going out in pretty rough areas of west london (ladbroke grove - where film was set, maida vale, kensal rise, clapham etc.)

Kidulthoods just like a rougher version of eastenders - this problems do exist but they make it much more frequent for the film.

IS THAT A JOKE? oh my god some one has probably comented on this already but i was goin out with/seeing a girl from east london and that was exactly what it was like, but more guns...

im hungry

Ah, the stereotypical "Go to East London" shit. I ride East London loads, but I've seen way sketchier shit happening in Peckham, Brixton, further over West towards Ladbroke Grove and Wandsworth, etc. All the people I know in Hackney say that it's way nicer there these days too, and in all the sketchy estates (They always have the best shit to ride. See also: Winstanleys Estate, sketchiest place in the woooorld) I've been in there, it's never really been that bad.

4 people got stabbed in 2 days on my estate, but that was 2 days of random shit that happened. It doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad area (although it is, but that's not the point I'm trying to make :P).