24" Inspired Feels Front Heavy

Henrik Y

Hello!

My 24" inspired feels very front heavy compare to my 26"GU and I wounder if it just is like that with this frame or if I should change any parts on it.

It's very hard to gap with it and it feels heavy to hold on the rearwheel.

This pic shows the current setup and I would be glad if someone with a little more experience could tell me what you think. The fork is a GU.

Osby.jpg

Couple of things...

The front will always 'feel' heavy as there is less BB rise and the chainstays are longer on an Inspired than a GU. High BB and shorter stays puts your centre of gravity back and thus makes the bike 'feel' lighter on the front.

The GU forks are relatively heavy, something lighter would make the front end feel easier to lift.

What gear ratio are you running? Naturally it will feel harder to gap than a 'real' trials bike but then again with a GU as a second bike you should be leaving the proper trials to that bike anyway :D

Hey, i got a Insipred mine feels light as air :giggle: , I have Zoo forks and a Echo 130 stem. Run a gear ratio of 18-16 feels good.

Maybe you could swap your Gu forks for a lighter fork, or get a new front rim

as urs look like heavy rims? Also get some rise on those bars should help too. (Y) Oh and change that seat post please :-

Edited by thewoomaster

Hey, i got a Insipred mine feels light as air :giggle: , I have Zoo forks and a Echo 130 stem. Run a gear ratio of 18-16 feels good.

Maybe you could swap your Gu forks for a lighter fork, or get a new front rim

as urs look like heavy rims? Also get some rise on those bars should help too. (Y) Oh and change that seat post please :-

I'm going to swap steam and handlebar with my GU and take an old fork that weigths around 750g and see. May be a smaller front tyre could help as the DMR is a little fat. But no way that I'll change the rim :P

And what about the seat post? I know it's high(if that's what you point at) on the pic but that was because we where biking around on a trail and not trialing.

This may not help much... but i'm only just getting out on my Inspired and i run 18:14, 105x30 stem and some deity bars with 15mm worth of stackers on zoo forks, and i felt the same as you to begin with, but i wondered how much was pre-conceived notions...

When i got my bike i thought it would be good for bunnyhopping because people said it was......they were right, i also heard that the bike would be more streety but at th expense of back wheel control, and they were right........or so i though...

Last night i went out and did mainly slow static back wheel stuff and realised that my bike was better and more controlled on the back wheel than i was on my last frame (Koxx levelboss) a much more standard trials type frame.

I at first found the front wheel a bit tricky to get up because i thought it would just fly up, but it didn't, it was still quite an effort, but i realised if i just went for it and gave it some beans then it was fine. You could possibly do with some stackers but ican see you can't put anymore on, and otbe fair your front end height doesn't look that low.

As i said im running zoo forks and they are fairly heavy with DMR rims and tyre so not a light front end combo at all, but it feels fine now. Just give it some welly and don't give in to what you expect from the bike and hopefully it might being to feel better.

Also none of this may apply to you and be of no use at all?

Hope it helps!

Well if its a differance going from 1 bike to another, than thats totally normal. The bikes are totally different so its normal to feel different. A heavy front wheel may just be part of that, if you say you get used to it after an hour then no worries surely?

Nothing wrong with this sweet set-up. just put in a few casual hours of riding everyday for a week, that should your body time to adjust by the following week. ps, adjust the sweep angle of your bars to a more streety feel (the rise of the bars at 12o'oclock position), they are currently too far forward judging by the pic.

Edited by Rusevelt