What's In Your Bike Bag?

Captain Scarlet

Well I'm sure the majority of us have a bag to carry parts and spares on a ride, or possibly a car to store them in.

Whats in your bag?, what bag is it?, what is the most random item in the bag?

In mine I have; phone, wallet, iPod, camera, tar, allen keys, spanners, tube, grips, sidehop tape, drink and a pump.

I remember I packed a lunch for a ride once, and left a penguin bar in the front compartment, I forgot about it and then found it about 3 weeks later, oooh snacks.

I was in the habit of using my bikehut/camelbak bag but I can't store enough in it so I went back to a normal backpack.

Whats in your bag?

Edited by Albino Slig

Tools: allen keys, spanners, bb tool, crank pullers, tyre levers

Cameras: Video Camera, Digital Camera

Spairs: Magura pistons, magura cross over, either a magura or a vee, levers, random bolts, grips, tubes

Bits and bobs: Tar (even though i HATE using it), rags, phone, iriver, pump

Food: Jaffa cakes :) Random chocolate, random shit that f**ks ur collestrol up :P

Drink: Normaly a 2l bottle of orange

Bag: some random thing, loads of pockets and shizzle... want the koxx bag looks sooo nice think ill get that soon.

Edited by BenLeacock™

I used to use a camel back,

But was too small, like you said.

Got myself a rather sext oakly bag.

Got a tube, helmet, waterproof top, pump, spoke key, allen keys, cross over, spanner, puncture repair kit/sticky patches.

And a sandwich when i can be arsed to make one.

Most random thing was probably my TV remote, NO IDEA why it was in there!

:D

i never carry a bag if am in my home town as my mate owns a bike shop so i just go to his shop and rob all his stuff easiest way really! But if out of town then take allen keys and pump really in a nice little camelbak without the water bit in it then you can just forget that its even on you bak because its the light, and thats it because if anything major goes i just cba fixing it there and then!

sidehop tape,

this saddens me.

in ogres bag:

alen keys

bb tool for skf + normal

spare chain

chain tool

15mm spanner

patches

tyre levers

water [camelbak]

pump

cable cutters

spare cable [mechanical]

Edited by ogre

Multi tool, phone, money and mp3 player. All fit in my pocket.

If there's anyone half decent add camera to that list.(But that needs a bag to go in.)

All i ever need, in Bristol there's always a tesco near you to get food and drink.

Edited by Bob Fossil

I just carry my waist pouch, it's very flat and small. In it has the crankbrothers mini tool 10, ipod, key, money (I don't carry my wallet while riding), identity card, small bit of tar. There's plenty of mcdonald's and 7-11 for drinks and food at my side.

Spairs: Magura pistons, magura cross over, either a magura or a vee, levers, random bolts, grips, tubes

I haven't heard of any riders at my side carrying so many spares! Tubes and patch kit at the most. If anything breaks, like the crossover or bb, we would just take a taxi home.

3 tubes, tools (8mm, spoke key, two multi-tools, chain tool, a single motorbike tyre lever), deodorant, wallet, phone, ipod, keys, chewing gum and a hoody, in a Dakine bag, want a decent sized Camelback though.

Edited by Mark King

i dont bother with a bag unless i actually travel away from my home town, but i would take in my bag drink,wallet,phone,allen keys,puncture repair kit. and i carry this in some animal backpack thing.

Well i carry in my bag

Tools- allan keys-multi tool, a really cool little thing from halfords which is the size of a multi tool and has everyhting. punture repair kit chain tool the lot!.

Oh and untill i get my new freewheel i carry a 42mm spanner and a small screwdriver to do up the bearing casing when it comes loose which is like every 10 minutes.

Food i just take money because if i take food tom jefferies steals it and i have to take extra money because tom jefferies always manages to blag money for sausage rolls off me.

Oh and im a keen photographer so i ALLWAYS take my camera.

Tom

Edited by ToMhIlL131

In my bag right now I have: Allen keys, leatherman, spoke key, house keys, zipties, condoms, a couple of M5 bolts, headphones, wallet, tobacco, rizla's, lighter, tube, hoodie, camera, tripod, water and my lid's strapped to the mesh on the back. Pretty much what I carry on every ride away from home, but if I'm just riding around town and not filming anything I'll usually just take my fags, phone and house keys (phone is mp3 player as well).

Rich

I've got a snowman thong in mine, you can put your penis in the carrot.

HAHAHAHA! Laughed for ages at that.

Yeah i have allen keys in my pocket, a tenner, phone, phone headphones, and if you need anything else, just borrow it off another rider your with :P

I bring my phone, as few keys as possible and phone headphones. If something breaks I tend to call it a day (Though a lot of my riding spots are within a km or 2 of my house, so going home doesn't take long. If I'm going further I'll throw the Camelbak I use for XC in the car. That has several tubes, a Topeak multitool, random spares including brake pads, water, a minipump (Though I throw a track pump into the car too), emergency energy goo, a rain jacket etc. and there's a first aid kit in the car if things go wrong in a 'bleeding but not so badly I need to call an ambulance' kind of way...