Street Bikes

bikeperson45

Hey,

My new base ta26 arrived on tuesday its supposed to be a street frame with its short wheelbase its easy to do spins on and manuals, it also comes down to what kind of components your running i.e short stem/long stem, type of bars.

Chainstays, you need a healthy balance, too long and it wont sit on the rear wheel. However you may want abit more length than normal for stability on manuals etc.

I just bought myself a stock street=ish frame, although the wheelbase isnt MASSIVLY short it is abit shorter than normal.

And yea, Low bb=good.

You don't need specific geometery to do those sort of moves. I've got an 1100mm wheelbase bike and I can do everything I ever could on shorter bikes. However, a shorter bike will make bunnyhops and manualling easier, so as long as you don't mind finding 'normal' trials moves a bit harder then go for something like a 1010 - 1040 WB with a very small BB rise (or none at all). Inspired's are very flickable, but you can still do trials on them, so maybe thats an option for you as well.

does any one know if the czar free trials would take suspension forks like djs or the new 4cross forks?

im looking at maybie making a new bike but want to run gears and suspension a bit more like a mountain bike, but have some low gears for a bit of trials aswell

Fun Fact of the day:

There is a high probability that Deng is leaning towards producing more 'streety' bikes for the future. It is definitely a high consideration of his, however there are still no promises for them to be materialised quite yet. The Czar Freetrials being a first taste. This is what I've been informed of by a few dealers and shop owners in China, one of whom was a former employee of Echo.

I think the Olympics is slowing everything down in China for the time being. Shouldn't be too long

i had an inspired before i stopped riding and it was quite possible the easiest frame to ride for street! i think the geo is 1040, 385 chainstays and +20mm bb but it works out to feel similar to +10 mm bb as the wheels are smaller, spinning and bunny hops were really easy, i found i could bunny hop about a foot higher than i could on my pashley, and i ran a 90 mm stem with 17 degree rise and 2.5 inch rise azonic bars, with about 50 mm of stem stackers, really nice set up (Y) i think theres still pics on my profile actually :)