World Cup In Knokke, Belgium

tmks88

arrived friday at 1pm to be told i was riding at 3pm tom rankin was'nt even near but managed to get there just before the start , i had a real dissapointing ride, tom went through to the next round (well done tom) all the brits rode well , big well done to ben slinger 7th overall awesome ride ben, got a really sore and bloody shin right now but hey i'll be there for another day.

james sheridan.

James Barton is such a beast. He's probably one of the youngest riders, but still manages to have outstanding results.

Gilles destroyed.

I want to see some footage of this.

Edited by Jason222

gilles is the man... :P

nice one scott- looks like you had a beast of a ride!

Haha ta dude.

But no lol

I was riding well, but i decided to fall off alot aswell :P Which was annoying.

Ended up on a high score, but was still a cool weekend.

Looking forward to switzerland :)

Big well done to every brit who rode, but especially Nicky G ,Tom and Mr Slinger. Beasts (Y)

that was themost technicalt difficult world cup iv seen, hence my amazing last posisition, lol. no seriously, sososo technicall, little balance moves, just imposible for me and some other riders to do, but hey it was the same for everyone, i still enjoyed the trip, the final was awsome, gille wa such a beast, and allso in 20" big congrats to rick koekoek, 3rd, what a beast,

nice one slinger for getting int final, god to see so many brits in the semifinal, try and make it one more in switzerland, lol

well done all of you, see you in a few weeks

rob

Decent weekend! Knokke is cool, the comp was really good I thought.

For the 26" the qualifying started at 8am! on Saturday so quite early. I rode really well in a few sections and cleaned some of the more difficult ones and then I picked up quite a few fives on the easier ones :S It was sort of hit and miss for me I'd either clean or five. But still I enjoyed it and liked the sections too.

I think 7 Brits got to the Semi's so well done to them and of course Ben Slinger got to the Final which was very good!

Gilles again won by quite a margin. He is a right machine! The sections for the Final were probably the hardest sections I have ever seen in any comp!

Hopefully be in Switzerland in a month!

Absolutely brilliant weekend! I had high hopes for Knokke and it didnt dissapoint, a trials comp on the beach how cool is that!

The Brits are coming by the looks of things.... Our Stock riders are seriously good! Well done you lads but most of all to Slinger......Final......BEAST!

Had a good day in qualification even though i turned up 15mins before i had to start (no warm up) sucked but the sections were right up my alley.

Struggled in the semi finals, the sections were pretty massive for me. Still really enjoyed it.

Rob and James, we are all gonna have to pull our socks up to match those big wheeled Brits!

see u all soon

xxx

gallery_3283_107_3189.jpg

as the picture shows rafal went to gap from the blocks up to the rock then fell off to the side on the rock below, and then somebody decided to put a nice "soft" plastic chair type thing to cushion anyone else if they fell, well i think it was plastic :P

picture makes it look alot smaller than it actually was

Edited by toby

picture makes it look alot smaller than it actually was

that gap was f**king massive

a little bit of rafal?

look at this

dscf0895ap6.th.jpg

about the comp:

quote from kenny belaey website

Gilles Coustelier won the event with 6 penalty points, I got 2nd with 14 and Vincent 3rd with 32. I and all other riders must admit; no doubt about it' that Gilles is the best rider this year. Knowing that I am still happy that after so many years I am the last rider standing to get close to him... The final of the world cup is in Switserland, September 7. I only have a chance to win the overall ranking IF I win and leave Gilles behind... stay tuned.

Edited by chimpanzyyyy

quote from kenny belaey website

Gilles Coustelier won the event with 6 penalty points, I got 2nd with 14 and Vincent 3rd with 32. I and all other riders must admit; no doubt about it' that Gilles is the best rider this year. Knowing that I am still happy that after so many years I am the last rider standing to get close to him... The final of the world cup is in Switserland, September 7. I only have a chance to win the overall ranking IF I win and leave Gilles behind... stay tuned.

I always find kenny comes across quite arrogant. Not sure why, just something i have noticed..

I always find kenny comes across quite arrogant. Not sure why, just something i have noticed..

he is not at all...

he says to gilles before the comp, "you can won the comp even with one leg"... he is really proud to be the only rider who can maybe beat gilles

>_<

sorry, it's the truth...

but there was some really good riders in 20" though

rafal,benito,rick,felix heller etc

he is not at all...

he says to gilles before the comp, "you can won the comp even with one leg"... he is really proud to be the only rider who can maybe beat gilles

I suppose maybe is just the translation of his language! Meh, wasnt accusing him of actually being arrogant, its just the way he words things or as I say the translation of what he says.

either way....good rider, but I dont think that he is the only rider who can beat gilles....

I've always thought he comes across as a really nice, humble kind of guy. Think it's down to English not being his first language so the way things come out to us isn't necessarily always the way he means it in his head. Although saying that his English is probably better than 70% of the kids on this forum...

Ben, Kenny is far from arrogant, he is probably one of the koolest trials riders around.

BIG respect to him, what you have to look at is, from our point of view he WANTS to be the best therefore he WANTS to WIN this is only possible with his drive and his self belief, maybe this is why he comes across that way????

BUT i can honestly say there is not a kooler rider around than Kenny, his personality and how he gives everyone some of his time, hes not an arrogant or abnoxious rider. Good luck to all who are going to attend the comp in switzerland.

Wayne.

He fell off a rock and has a fracture. He went to the hospital in an ambulance.

Gilles and James were both limping at the end of the comp...

you 100% sure? I saw him get up and walk after the fall (which was harsh! I heard his head hit the rock from the top of the grand stand!)

The comp was cool!! Much more tech than I was expecting, there were no big moves in the qualifying, the main problem was staying inside the tape! It was a low scoring qualifying round, so any mistakes got punished!

I had an OK comp, did some good stuff, did some bad stuff. I was happy to qualify though.

The semi finals were a little harder, I think I could have gotten out of all the sections if I hadn't been riding like a mong. I did clean one of the trailer sections though, so that made me happy.

The finals looked hard, but I recken they were a bit easier than in the past. Much bigger moves needed though. Slinger did well getting out of a few, I was well impressed!