New Street Video! (something Very Different)

sayshell

It's pretty hard to think of it as being different from a 'bike video' when you're riding a bike, and you've edited it exactly like a 'bike video', and there's nothing at all to differentiate it from any other 'bike video' around?

lol yes u do... this video is ment to be appreciated on a subjective level not objective though u probably like it on neither u obviously dont liek metal and neglected the effort to try and understand it. I could have taken all the riding out of the video and had it the exact same, but i think the riding actually enhances the atmosphere instead of pulling it down.

Edited by sayshell

do you know why u make negative posts? Its simple.... u try to destroy an ego. If i had initally said "im not too good at riding but just having fun its not too good but hey its something to watch" then every single comment would be positive. normally if u dont like a video u just stop watching it and dont bother to do anything... but if u determine the guy has an ego u will go out of your way to negatively rate it. I bet the haters pay 100 times closer attention to the video than the people who liked it :)

BUT LITTLE DO U KNOW MY EGO IS AS BIG MY GIRLFRIENDS BOOBS AND THEY KEEP GETTING BIGGER BECAUSE THEIR IS ALWAYS MORE AND MORE IMPLANTS!!!!!!!!!! ALWAYS MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmkay.

Sayshell: Serious question- what are your thoughts on learning more trials specific moves to mix up with how you already ride? I can honestly say that what you do is impressive and I can't do most of that stuff but at the end of the day you're riding a trials bike so surely it would make sense to start learning some different moves? I think I've seen most of your vids on Youtube and they are all very similar and the variety just isn't all it could be.

Mmkay.

Sayshell: Serious question- what are your thoughts on learning more trials specific moves to mix up with how you already ride? I can honestly say that what you do is impressive and I can't do most of that stuff but at the end of the day you're riding a trials bike so surely it would make sense to start learning some different moves? I think I've seen most of your vids on Youtube and they are all very similar and the variety just isn't all it could be.

OKIE DOKIE MY LIFE STORY :D

I started as a street racer riding down cement paths and timing how long it took, saw someone do a jump then switched to dirt jumper, then became a pure stock trials rider after seeing a trials rider it was the most amazing thing i ever saw, then became a mixxy trials rider because i found pure trials too dangerous, so id rather spin all day then do a big rail gap or something, then i realized i dont live near enough ledges or anything to practice mixxy trials everything i live near is more pure trials oriented, so i switched to doing both pure trials and pure street riding. Then I got to a point where my mad sqealing brakes and knobby tires limited my ability to modulate street moves and had to decide to go either pure street or pure trials, and basically what made the decision was most my friends are bmxers so i decided to go streety. However I realized my bike might not be the most suitable thing for riding pure street. So i tried a bunch of bmx set ups a bunch of mtnbike set ups, a combination of bmx/mtnbike/trials bike set ups, and after experimenting with virtually everything i ended up with what i have and like it. As for variety I know many tricks and have tons of variety cause I come from many backgrounds. However I say style>skill and id rather do a good trick with 4 variations than a average trick just to have variety. I think side hopping up a ledge is a lot differnt than side hopping onto a rail and if someone put both into a video i woudlnt call it repetative at all.... I also think wall tapping an over vertical tree is different than doing a manuel to wall tap...

Soooo.... no im not gonna just do 270 spins off a ledge because I can...

Ok, but what about gapping (and not massive drop gaps to rails, just gaps), back wheeling stuff, ups to front wheel, sidehops etc. Making lines using both your streety stuff AND trials moves...

Obviously if you enjoy what your doing then carry on but I always find playing around with other stuff injects more interest into my riding and increases my enjoyment.

Anyway... you're in Canada, right? Is it not like 5 in the morning there at the moment?!!

lol yes u do... this video is ment to be appreciated on a subjective level not objective though u probably like it on neither u obviously dont liek metal and neglected the effort to try and understand it. I could have taken all the riding out of the video and had it the exact same, but i think the riding actually enhances the atmosphere instead of pulling it down.

so the video would work without the riding in ? I definitely don't understand...

do you know why u make negative posts? Its simple.... u try to destroy an ego. If i had initally said "im not too good at riding but just having fun its not too good but hey its something to watch" then every single comment would be positive. normally if u dont like a video u just stop watching it and dont bother to do anything... but if u determine the guy has an ego u will go out of your way to negatively rate it. I bet the haters pay 100 times closer attention to the video than the people who liked it :)

This is a forum matey - deal with it - if you come on here and post up a video with the attitude its the greatest video of all time - wonder in my achievement - then don't go cry if it gets shot down. when people say - i dont know if my video is much cop what do you think? its alot easier to give some positive feedback. and yes as a hater i did pay more attention to the video than the posters ....

GET A FISH EYE LENS!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING IN THAT VIDEO LOOKED GOOD CAUSE U CAN ACTUALLY TELL HOW BIG SOMETHING IS!!!!

:lol:

OKIE DOKIE MY LIFE STORY :D

I started as a street racer riding down cement paths and timing how long it took, saw someone do a jump then switched to dirt jumper, then became a pure stock trials rider after seeing a trials rider it was the most amazing thing i ever saw, then became a mixxy trials rider because i found pure trials too dangerous, so id rather spin all day then do a big rail gap or something, then i realized i dont live near enough ledges or anything to practice mixxy trials everything i live near is more pure trials oriented, so i switched to doing both pure trials and pure street riding. Then I got to a point where my mad sqealing brakes and knobby tires limited my ability to modulate street moves and had to decide to go either pure street or pure trials, and basically what made the decision was most my friends are bmxers so i decided to go streety. However I realized my bike might not be the most suitable thing for riding pure street. So i tried a bunch of bmx set ups a bunch of mtnbike set ups, a combination of bmx/mtnbike/trials bike set ups, and after experimenting with virtually everything i ended up with what i have and like it. As for variety I know many tricks and have tons of variety cause I come from many backgrounds. However I say style>skill and id rather do a good trick with 4 variations than a average trick just to have variety. I think side hopping up a ledge is a lot differnt than side hopping onto a rail and if someone put both into a video i woudlnt call it repetative at all.... I also think wall tapping an over vertical tree is different than doing a manuel to wall tap...

All by the time i was 18 months .... how long have you been riding for ?! ?!?

EDIT (this goes for everyone...) : oh and its manual :giggle:

Edited by manuel

I could have taken all the riding out of the video and had it the exact same, but i think the riding actually enhances the atmosphere instead of pulling it down.

No it wouldn't, you're talking total shit. Feel free to now make 4 posts talking about stuff I didn't even mention (e.g. fisheye stuff? WTF? I didn't mention your filming at any stage...). You can't try and just talk about abstract terms and shit like that without actually backing it up in any way, so just saying "It's supposed to be subjective not objective" is a load of total bollocks, which is why I'm not just going to go 'Oh yeah, I see what he means', purely because what you're saying has no meaning. Bearing in mind that there were about 3 or 4 clips from that whole vid that weren't riding, which was you standing in a field, it wouldn't work without the riding in. The music itself had no relation to the riding at all, and the footage didn't really seem to be edited to music at all apart frmo the video started when the music started and ended pretty much when the music ended.

Wow, what a lot of negativity. There seems to be a shortage of well filmed and well edited trials videos at the moment, I certainly haven't seen anything recently that flicked my switch.

I don't think there was anything wrong with your riding. Perhaps it leans too much towards bmx for everybody's taste and yes it's a trifle repetative but if the music was a little more mainstream, the video quality was higher and the filming was better then I doubt everybody would be so quick to say it was shit. But unfortunately in this instance it was a bit crap.

Your riding is great, the music is bearable, the video quality is good but i just can't get pass the fact that you are riding a trials bike and doing only street moves. There is absolutely no sense in that, and it annoys me beacause im geting a feeling that you are doing that to draw attention.

No it wouldn't, you're talking total shit. Feel free to now make 4 posts talking about stuff I didn't even mention (e.g. fisheye stuff? WTF? I didn't mention your filming at any stage...). You can't try and just talk about abstract terms and shit like that without actually backing it up in any way, so just saying "It's supposed to be subjective not objective" is a load of total bollocks, which is why I'm not just going to go 'Oh yeah, I see what he means', purely because what you're saying has no meaning. Bearing in mind that there were about 3 or 4 clips from that whole vid that weren't riding, which was you standing in a field, it wouldn't work without the riding in. The music itself had no relation to the riding at all, and the footage didn't really seem to be edited to music at all apart frmo the video started when the music started and ended pretty much when the music ended.

i love u because u are not interested in the video u said u turned it off when u saw the title. You obviously have never editited a video in your life. Or neglected to anylyze the edits... The fish eye comment had nothing to do with anything and was just random. You don't see how its subjective??? lol u said u didnt notice how anything was editied except the start and end of the music, which clearly shows that as a hater u are not even doing a good job. U gotta rewatch it and download it and play it over at least 400 times so u can complain my sock colour was wrong in the last clip. IT WAS!!! SEriously IM WEARING A WHITE SOCK!!! NO JOKE!!!

I dont recall saying its the best video of all time or having a cocky attitude at all...but i do intentionally try to enforce the way you would stereotype me for my amusment.... :)

AND BY THE WAY IM RIGHT!!!!!!!!! IM ALWAYS RIGHT OK??????? MY GIRLFRIEND HAS BIG BOOBS AND HENCE THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN U, SO IN A WAY BECASUE IM BETTER THAN U I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT MAKES ME RIGHT??? SO U CAN JUST STOP ARGUING AT THIS POINT BECAUSE IM ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sayshell

i love u because u are not interested in the video u said u turned it off when u saw the title.

I watched the whole video. I said I didn't watch it on TheComeUp, because most of the videos on there are shit. I watched it here. That's why in my post I was able to refer to parts of the video. I seriously don't understand how you can try and do stuff purely to make people not like you. I don't see how you benefit from that in any way whatsoever. It can't be anything good, yet you keep doing it. It makes literally no sense.

"which clearly shows that as a hater u are not even doing a good job" No, I just said that without the riding clips, there's nothing in that video, and that I didn't think the video itself was edited to the music at all. You could mute the video and play almost any song over it and it would've had virtually the same effect. That was the point I was getting at. Nice one again for managing to not at all explain your objective/subjective thing.

I really can't be bothered going into any more detail about this, it's f**king unbelievable how stupid you are.

I watched the whole video. I said I didn't watch it on TheComeUp, because most of the videos on there are shit. I watched it here. That's why in my post I was able to refer to parts of the video. I seriously don't understand how you can try and do stuff purely to make people not like you. I don't see how you benefit from that in any way whatsoever. It can't be anything good, yet you keep doing it. It makes literally no sense.

"which clearly shows that as a hater u are not even doing a good job" No, I just said that without the riding clips, there's nothing in that video, and that I didn't think the video itself was edited to the music at all. You could mute the video and play almost any song over it and it would've had virtually the same effect. That was the point I was getting at. Nice one again for managing to not at all explain your objective/subjective thing.

I really can't be bothered going into any more detail about this, it's f**king unbelievable how stupid you are.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA not edited. Took me a week to edit that and everything is synced.... As for the objectvie subjective thing i will continue to answer everything u ask ONLY because their is no point in doing so.... What is the focus in a music video??? is it the guitarists ability to play guitar? or is it his ability to create mood. Biking is not the grander scheme in this, it is only a literal way of physically portraying the music. Biking is not the grander scheme hence it is not a bike video... If i removed the biking i would have to replace it with something else yes... because it would be 12 seconds long but i think anything could suffice as a replacment as long as carried out in the right style... AND PS MY EGO IS BIGGER THAN YOURS!!!!!!! I WILL STAY ON MY CPU 24 HOURS A DAY WAITING FOR ONZABOY TO MAKE A POST THEN INSTANTLY REPLY LIKE IM DOING SO NOW!!!!!!

That's the whole thing with being a 'goth' though isn't it? Provoking a reaction for the sake of it? Get over yourself and stop trying to attract 'haters'. At least you do something with yourself (ride bikes that is) rather than just sit around acting all depressed and 'gothy'. Go out, ride your bike and stop deliberately acting like a tosser on the internet. I bet in real life you're actually a nice guy but on here you just do your best to piss everyone off... Well done.

That's the whole thing with being a 'goth' though isn't it? Provoking a reaction for the sake of it? Get over yourself and stop trying to attract 'haters'. At least you do something with yourself (ride bikes that is) rather than just sit around acting all depressed and 'gothy'. Go out, ride your bike and stop deliberately acting like a tosser on the internet. I bet in real life you're actually a nice guy but on here you just do your best to piss everyone off... Well done.

Daves got a Bee under his bonnet :lol:

i think anything could suffice as a replacment as long as carried out in the right style.

Which is what I was saying, the music didn't fit your riding at all, which is why I wasn't into it. I guess if I was going to believe your objectivity arguement I'd say that the riding didn't fit the music, in this case ;) I genuinely can't believe that took you a 'week' to do either. Equally, the way it was edited it came across purely as a 'bike video', so even if you think you're on some quest to raise our consciousness by making a 'bike video' that transcends 'bike videos' and becomes something else, you pretty spectacularly failed.

Daves got a Bee under his bonnet :lol:

Earlier today I was actually starting to like Clifford but he's just talking shite now and acting like a numpty for the sake of acting up to what people assume he must be like. It's getting annoying now. As I said to Rich yesterday, I reckon he just needs a hug.

Which is what I was saying, the music didn't fit your riding at all, which is why I wasn't into it. I guess if I was going to believe your objectivity arguement I'd say that the riding didn't fit the music, in this case ;) I genuinely can't believe that took you a 'week' to do either. Equally, the way it was edited it came across purely as a 'bike video', so even if you think you're on some quest to raise our consciousness by making a 'bike video' that transcends 'bike videos' and becomes something else, you pretty spectacularly failed.

i hope your timing this because this will be a ultra quick reply!!!!!!

i certainly did fail because 1 guy who hates metal says so.... I will post this video in a metal forum and i bet the responses will be 100 times better than if i did in a trials forum, hence it would do better as a music video than a bike video but even still i would not say its a music video either. u keep arguing the metal doesnt go with the riding. Look at the keyboard line it is specifically synced to it and the lyrics, so u have alreedy proven u dont know what ur talking about, and from a subjective point of view i think the riding style goes well with the music but thats up to u to decide, but u are arguing that it is not synced and not edited.... lol do u have ulead video studios? ill send u the vps file and u can look at the audio graph and tell me its not synced. Nevertheless u completly ignored the point i made about my girlfriends boobs and are getting desperate... uve even resorted to name calling.... Im a "STUPID" now...

+ if u actually thought i was an idiot u would have stopped arguing a long time ago.... I even said no matter what ill never stop arguing because my forum reputation is SOOOOO important to me which is precisely why i try to intentionally come off as the most egotisical douche bag ever. Their is no logic behind my motives... so ill even give u points to help your argument

- i work at a fast food store and dont go to college or anything

- i have no girlfriend yes sadly but true

- i have no car

Edited by sayshell

I seriously don't understand how you can try and do stuff purely to make people not like you. I don't see how you benefit from that in any way whatsoever. It can't be anything good, yet you keep doing it. It makes literally no sense.

And metal guys would probably tell you to get a seat ;)

- i have no girlfriend yes sadly but true

Get haircut = you might get a girlfriend.

Don't no why your being a twat to onzaboymark, it's a forum, if he has an opinion, he can say it, theres no need to get all annoyed about it.

Anyway - Your a beast at all the spinny tricks and manuals, was impressed by every move you did, did get a bit repetative but still enjoyed the watch, if you like riding a trials bike for these sort of moves, fair enough, should maybe try a bmx though.