Diy Rim Grind

TrialsMan Dan

Whats wrong with dumfries? And no, im not taking an angle grinder to my wheels.....

i just found it funny :P

and if you want a grind you need to take an angle grinder to your rim, an average rim can take about 10 grinds, a grind will last about 2 months.

if you can get 20 months out of a rim i'd say you got your moneys worth, i normally change rim every 6 months lol

I was the same, man - but it's true... It's the only way.

If you don't want to grind, go have a look in the Pad Review topic, and find some you think'll be suitable for a smooth rim.

I ran Heatsink Snowies for a while, on a smooth front - they were pretty good (Y)

Pretty much what the title says. Is there a cheap and easy way to grind a rim? I only want to grind the front rim lightly because the back brake is quite strong anyway with the Inspired pads. Any advice appreciated. Oh and im using standard pads on the front. (Y)

Whats wrong with dumfries? And no, im not taking an angle grinder to my wheels.....

Your either not wanting what your asking for or your an idiot. If a grind didn't involve a grinder it'd be called a rim-file or a rim-scratch.

Tar isn't that messy, it's pretty solid, and you're only supposed to apply small amounts.

Grinding is easy as well, try it on a shitty wheel to get the hang of it, then do it on yours. It's really easy, and it doesn't rape your rim like you seem to think. I'd say that most riders are using a grind, and ALL comp riders are.

Edited by Jason222