Usb Mounted Apps

Tamness™

I need to do some picture editing at school, problem is they don't have photoshop on their computers whereas i have it at home. Is there anyway to mount photoshop on a usb device, say my ipod, and run it in school.

I don't know a great deal about computers so anything fancy i.e. ubuntu would probably be out of my knowledge.

Tam

I belive Gimp do a portable one, maybe if you have a pen drive that will be able to store it, then again have you ever installed/download something on your computers at school before?

If all else fails, politely ask the technicians and they might be able to put it on as its an essential program?

erm, theres versions of adobe cs3 portable available to download(illegally) on the web. they dont need to be installed, and can be ran off an external drive, however. whether your school computers will allow a .exe file to be ran off anything other than their central harddrive.

other than that, download the trial at home, and just copy the downloaded file onto your usb stick, and copy it onto the school pcs, then install it from there.

cant you format the EHD, partition it to have some startup disc space, install linux wine and then go from there? I know you can run CS2 well with wine. You will have move the licence files by hand onto the EHD but there would prob be a tutorial for that. Duno if that will work?

cant you format the EHD, partition it to have some startup disc space, install linux wine and then go from there? I know you can run CS2 well with wine. You will have move the licence files by hand onto the EHD but there would prob be a tutorial for that. Duno if that will work?

That's the most long-winded way ever, just to edit a few pics haha

I don't know a great deal about computers so anything fancy i.e. ubuntu would probably be out of my knowledge.

http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/gimp_portable

that is a portable version of gimp to download for free

i don't think u would be able to use a normal photoshop on your portable drive i have it installed on my external hdd and that still has to install some part of it on my internal drive so gimp is probs your best bet.

hope that helps.

joe