Xbox Or Ps3

Davetrials

I reckon LittleBigPlanet looks awesome, but I have heard that it gets a bit dull after a while which I can imagine might be true. I suppose it depends on whether it'll get some awesome levels for it. Otherwise it'll just be another rubbish platformer. I miss the days of really awesome platform games, like old school Mario and Sonic (Mental note- get a Wii and play Mario Galaxy).

Oh, and can I just say: PGR4 is ace. I only got a few weeks back but it's awesome! It doesn't have amazing graphics really, but the car handling is just sooooo good. I feel like I must share this with everyone.

TRAITOR!

Nah, M$ have been dicking us around since the start, I can't stand the way thry treat consumers.

I reckon LittleBigPlanet looks awesome, but I have heard that it gets a bit dull after a while which I can imagine might be true. I suppose it depends on whether it'll get some awesome levels for it. Otherwise it'll just be another rubbish platformer. I miss the days of really awesome platform games, like old school Mario and Sonic (Mental note- get a Wii and play Mario Galaxy).

Looking at some of the frankly incredible user levels on youtube, which have been made in the beta, not even the released product, it's definately a game which would keep me entertained for long periods of time.

Oh, and can I just say: PGR4 is ace. I only got a few weeks back but it's awesome! It doesn't have amazing graphics really, but the car handling is just sooooo good. I feel like I must share this with everyone.

I'm the don at PGR4. You should get a live subscription...

NB. How the hell did you manage to get Wax Off on GW:E2?

Can't do it for the life of me. :P

Hehe, with a lot of practise - I LOVE geometry wars. But it's not too hard. I can't get the surf achievement in waves, now THAT'S impossible!

Nah, Surf is about as easy as it gets compared to Wax off, I always get to about 80% and then die. Treaty aswell, the snakes make it impossible.

Nah, Surf is about as easy as it gets compared to Wax off, I always get to about 80% and then die. Treaty aswell, the snakes make it impossible.

I reckon the trick with Treaty is to do it as fast as possible - Don't pause in any of the bubbles at all. If you do it fast enough you never get snakes, just the diamonds and the swastika things :P

Right now?

PS3 every time.

Why?

LittleBigPlanet.

What?

You heard.

I am so tempted to buy a PS3 just so i can play that game.

If they somehow, miraculasly (sp?) decide to find a way that it can be on 360 then i will wait.

But its so big the poxy Xbox 360 discs can't hold all the data AFAIK.

I am so tempted to buy a PS3 just so i can play that game.

If they somehow, miraculasly (sp?) decide to find a way that it can be on 360 then i will wait.

But its so big the poxy Xbox 360 discs can't hold all the data AFAIK.

And the fact it's published by Sony...

One advantage of the PS3 alot of people don't know about is that they use 2.5" HDD's which are exactly the same as used in laptops.

So does the xbox. Although you can only use certain hard drives 'cos MS has locked it down :giggle:

Well no, the only thing you could feasibly ruin is the hard drive enclosure which is designed to come on and off easily from the console. But I doubt you could do that even - as far as I can tell, it's simply a matter of undoing the screws. But the point is that there are only one particular hard drive model you can use, and you have to do a hack to install some firmware on the drive (from a PC) before installing it into the xbox. So yeah, I'm not saying that the PS3 hard drive situation isn't loads better - it is. I just saw a good opportunity to be pedantic :P

forza pwns pgr4

I don't see why everyone bums the f**k out of COD 4 i had it, completed it (several times), and then played a load of it on xbox live, and it just felt like all the other FPS's out, the only games i've found that I've properly enjoyed lately was half life 2 Episode 2 portal and a few mods for hl2 (But i don't think you can get mods on console)

So all in all,

My two cents would be, save your money get a good pc :)

f**king sweet.

The narative could do with a little work, but it's going well and the side missions are cool.

Flamethrower is so much fun, as is the RPG, Grenades, Molotov Cocktails and IEDs.

I decided against getting Far Cry 2 after playing the first and discovering the single player to be incredibly terrible. Have they improved the single player over the first and if so I may be tempted.

Tam

Someone point out why LittleBigPlanet is supposed to be so good, please. I just don't get it, doesn't seem any better than Sonic, but then again what is!

I knew it wasn't.

I also heard that speaking to friends/ allies on the PS3 was non-existent on some games. Also some games you could only speak to allies.

But i'm pretty intrigued about the hard drive running games now. That would be amazing, load times would be so quick and the noise reduction (which is to be fair is essential on the Xbox) would be great. I think that's another reason i haven't bought one yet, 'cause dvd play would be turd.