What The Best Of Heatsink Pads For Smooth Rim?

Crazyman

What the best of heatsink pads for smooth rim? I'm use smooth echo rims and I choose between HeatSink Blueberry Pads,Coust Pads or Snowy Pads.

Get me your advices guys :)

Coust are pretty good but are expensive. But they're in CNC backings and have a great lifespan. The wet weather is performance is also amazing but that's with a grind. I hear they are pretty good as a smooth rim generally though.

I'd like to know this as well I'm about to buy some Try-All rims and want some pads for smooth :) don't care how much they cost

Plazmatic CRMs are really good on smooth. The old Zoo pads are also pretty amazing, i've been running them recently but they're hard to get hold of. And the old Monty Milks were just as good as the Zoos.

Normally softer pads tend to do very well for smooth rims. Original Zoo pads were brilliant especially on a smooth anodized surface. The only thing I didn't like was that smooth rims tend not to have an immediate bite that grinds offer. I mean, sure it holds damn well when set up right and in right weather conditions; but it always makes a squirming screech sound. Harder pads may work, but they tend to squish less as they are a bit stiffer, so that's kinda why I felt Koxx Browns weren't too amazing on smooth, but incredibly good on grind.

So probably Heatsink Blues/Bluberry for smooth? Coust may even be good... they seem to be the king oligopoly-product in the market of pads, for all types of rims.

eskimo,Sponge thanks guys!

I'm already try echo,zoo,crm pads and I would like to try a something new. And I think: what about heatsink pads?

I'm now that heatsink pads is great on grind but I don't want to do grind.

Everybody try to use coust or blueberry pads on smooth rims?

It's very interesting for me :rolleyes:

peformance in the dry on a smooth rim is amazing with the right set up and anodized sidewalls look way better than a grind imo.

And imo too ;)SkiLLz, it's also the my answer on your question.

Coxx, I'm already used plazmatic crm and other. It's really amazing on rim with some tar. IMO. And i wouldn't like to fund it again)

Gu-Triials, oh, it's good)) :)

Thanks guys for advices!

Edited by Crazyman

Sorry to semi-thread-hijack, but can anyone give the lowdown on CNC backings? I've heard of all the positives about them; but I do hear of and see negativities, mostly the fact that they snap the little prongs on the Magura slave cylinders where they attach? Since the CNC backings shouldn't wobble like plastic backings do on the prongs, then surely eventually all the pressure'd add up and be too much for the cylinders to handle?

peformance in the dry on a smooth rim is amazing with the right set up and anodized sidewalls look way better than a grind imo.

To be honest i do agree and it's going to kill me to grind my lovely green rims : but you also have to decide, looks or performance in all conditions (Y)

when i ran blueberry's they were awesome on a light grind but, not so hot on a smooth rim.

snowies were a marked improvement, but still the best pads ive used on a smooth rim are plaz crv(m)'s

if you need to use tar your might as well grind and get wet weather performance with it.

I remember there was a poll a few months back. Heatsink Reds and Cousts had equal votes.

I use the Coust on a smooth DM24. It produced high-pitched squeaks. I just came back from a ride, was surprised that the sound was so loud there was echoes, and I was playing near a shopping centre. It's been 6 months since I got them and I ride almost everyday, and every month I would clean my pads, I still can see some parts which aren't really worned yet!

I didn't grind cos I like to manual a lot.

I would get the Reds if I were you. I mean the Yellows or Whites, since Steve has changed the colours.

Coust are pretty good but are expensive. But they're in CNC backings and have a great lifespan. The wet weather is performance is also amazing but that's with a grind. I hear they are pretty good as a smooth rim generally though.

Plazmatic CRMs are really good on smooth. The old Zoo pads are also pretty amazing, i've been running them recently but they're hard to get hold of. And the old Monty Milks were just as good as the Zoos.

i have the cousts in cnc'd backings on my trials bike and there absolute amazing on a new grind. not as good on a smooth, but still not too shabby.

and i have the plazmatics on my bmx and they are amazing on a chrome rim, not sure what there like on an echo rim though, i imagine rather good...

I've heard of all the positives about them

Say me the positives of CNC backings please.

Thanks for answers guys!

I understand that snowies and coust are good on smooth but coust on grind=unreal braking. Maybe later I do grind but in near future I will ride on smooth rims. Next question:what the best for smooth rims:snowies or coust? )))

Edited by Crazyman

id go for the coust man, my friend uses them in cnc backings on a smooth rim and it performs brilliantly. plus if you do want to grind your rim in the future the coust will be great on that aswell, my heatsink snowies didnt work aswell as my coust cnc did on a grind.

I hear they are pretty good as a smooth rim generally though.

Yup, running mine on a smooth rim now and I can't see any difference between the performance now and with the old, ground rim. That's on a dry surface though, a bit of rain and you might as well just not bother holding the brake lever whilst riding. They have stunning performance on a grind in the wet though.