Define Trials?

trial-biker-ryan

Alright guys basicly iv chose to do one of my collage course presentations on trials,

Other than the front page of this presentaion, im on the first infomative slide,

My title for this slide is 'What is Cycle Trials'

As it needs to be in quiet abit of detail, im just wondering what you guys would define cycle trials as?

Im not talking about, what it means to me, and what it represents in my life, Ill cover that later in the presantation,

Wondering what you guys would define it as?

As if it was on an online dictionary, Writen About a paragraph or to,

Cheers

Ryan

Note, I am not not going to copy and paste anything writen in this article, I will combine and re-word and re invent any of the help put forward by any of those nice enough to help

Edited by trial-biker-ryan

I see an arguement brewing.

I would class a definition of bike trials ( bike trials is what I know the sport to be, and I believe is how most know it to be no matter what your style is), as getting your bike over various objects with out putting your feet down.

Thats the basic of the sport. Doesn't matter if you ride street or natural, when you have an obstacle in front of you, your aim is to get up/over the obstacle cleanly without having to use your foot or bike to help you.

There isn't much more to say about the sport other than the main purpose. You can then split bike trials in to types/styles of bike trials, ie: Natural - comps - street.

Before someone say's anything, TGS is done mostly on street, so therefore is still street riding, simple as.

You could explain the difference between a trials bike and regular mountain bike, ie: no saddle, small chainset's, wide tyres, hydraulic brakes.

Hope some of this has helped.

guys ridin' some BARE bikes with no seats about.

or a sport where you get your bike over obstacle possibly trowing in moves to make it look better. A great social sport. (I have used this as a presentation as well and spent a lot of time talking about the bike set up I found that easier.)

It's whatever you see it as.

Yes, it's a sport, getting over obstacles blah blah, but it's not just that is it?

Whenever I go riding, i'm having a laugh with my mates, or meeting new people, going to different places. I don't ride to be the best, I just go out to enjoy myself. Sometimes I don't improve for weeks/months, juststick to the same stuff. Other times I actually want to go bigger/better.

It's creative. I'm always looking for something different, be it lines, new walls/etc, or just a new way to get up/down something.

Can't think of much else now, but you get the idea?

this is my definition..

on/off sidehops

black and white

slow mo

ass hanging out

Fisheye lenses

You forgot the all important bit :)

Watch this Another Perspective

It may be a BMX video, but it kinda relates to all disciplines of riding.

As someone said, it is what you make of it, weather you ride natural or street, TGS or flowing lines. Its all personal preference.

For me, Trials is a fun sport because you can be creative with lines, and the rush you get form getting a line you have always wanted to do is amazing.

All the friends and people i have met through riding is amazing to.

Its also a social sport, because its quite small, you tend to get to know everyone really quickly. Everyones so friendly as well, you hardly ever get 'gobshites' when riding in a big group.

Well anyways, thats my two pence :)

Edited by El Cristoff