Which Fashion Does Trials Belong To?

Mtchell

Right heres 1 for you

i,ve found in my city trials belongs to so called charvers (tracksuits,nike and adidas and no job ,bassline) i disagree with the sterotype

and other towns/citys its seems to belong to moshers (dark clothing,long hair,depression and rock and roll) and i also disagree with this sterotype

What do you think? ^_^

You're from Bradford. I'd imagine (from my sterotype influenced view of Bradford, and from a few folk I know down there) that there'd be a preponderance of chavs across all parts of the social spectrum, not just within a minority sporting scene.

I've always found trials riders to be a diverse bunch of people - chavs, emos or whatever you want to call them, and normal in between people as well. All from different walks of life and professions too. Thats what I like about it. Theres no need to conform to any kind of trend to fit in. It's your riding that does the talking after all, not your dyed black fringe or your lacoste tracksuit.

Edited by Rumplestiltskin

here in russia we have 3 types.

1 - so called riders. They wear jerseys or just stuff like that in which it is convenient to ride.

2 - Gay riders. They usually ride in some brand clothes...Usually thats what we all are here in winter because it's cold and we can't ride outside. We just gather to drink another beer and impress all the chicks around central district with our fancy bikes.

3 - lame riders. They ride lame and so they dress. no style in both riding and clothing. Those usually freshmen) Sooner they go up to 1st or 2nd

About me:

Whyle being the 1st( riding season) - i wear monty jersey shorts and jersey tee or a normal tee and monty shoes.

In winter when i'm mostly 2nd( Not when training indoors) i wear nikeys, cashmere sweaters, scarfs, hoodies, pimpish jacets - just what i would wear to a club.

Edited by Dan S

1 - so called riders. They wear jerseys or just stuff like that in which it is convenient to ride.

2 - Gay riders. They usually ride in some brand clothes...Usually thats what we all are here in winter because it's cold and we can't ride outside. We just gather to drink another beer and impress all the chicks around central district with our fancy bikes.

3 - lame riders. They ride lame and so they dress. no style in both riding and clothing. Those usually freshmen) Sooner they go up to 1st or 2nd

About me:

Whyle being the 1st( riding season) - i wear monty jersey shorts and jersey tee or a normal tee and monty shoes.

In winter when i'm mostly 2nd( Not when training indoors) i wear nikeys, cashmere sweaters, scarfs, hoodies, pimpish jacets - just what i would wear to a club.

I don't fit into any of those categories and neither do any of the people I normally ride with. Where do jeans or shorts and a t-shirt fit in. 

About me:

Seriously, you talk about having casual sex with girls at your house, going clubbing, getting plates smashed on your head and other such things. Yet according to your profile your 16?

BTW thats not a dig, its a genuine question.

Edited by Tom_

Seriously, you talk about having casual sex with girls at your house, going clubbing, getting plates smashed on your head and other such things. Yet according to your profile your 16?

BTW thats not a dig, its a genuine question.

Daniel has simply given a genuine account of his experiences in his hometown. That is hardly a reason to judge him via your own personal experiences and values.

I seem to think that most trials riders are the people that don't care if people judge them by what they look like. We seem to be people who are never that fussed by what we look like.

People may call us chav or emos but we are jsut who we are.

Agree or disagree?

T-shirt and shorts for me and a jumper if its cold.

Who gives a crap about what music i like when i'm riding? Might as well judge people on the colour of their car as well. If a person is a dick they'll be a dick all round, not just while riding... at the same time there are loads of really awesome people who ride, the sport has no real bearing on your personality.

Yup, all up to personal taste, or lack thereof.

Not being in the thick of trials abroad, I don't have the opportunity to see what trends may blossoming over there.

I slip my vans on and whatever fits my style for the day. If it's cold, I wear some old military fatigues and a sweatshirt and if it's hot, like it's prone to be in this area, I'll wear my grungy stinky technical tee that's about 5 sizes too big for me and a pair of plain shorts. Lid too, of course. Always.

I'm the type that has a little laugh at all the XC people around here that head out for a five mile Sunday afternoon joy ride looking like a team rider ready for a 24 hour solo race. Nothing wrong with it, but a Tshirt, some cut off shorts and some clipless pedals work just right for me on those days. No need for the lycra-go-go powersuit, 10 gallon hydropack and matching power-kit-go-go socks, but whatever floats your boat. Oops, back on topic...

:-)

cheers!

whoooa,

people are very irate over this topic oops,

anyways i dont care what people wear its seems to me the 2 main diversity of fashion seem not to get along???

like when we bumped into Mat smith( your not the best mate!! ), he had a right atitude problem for the way we dressed

and his comment ( judging a whole city) just backs it up and we,ve met many more peple alike your not alone

Just seem childish

unless theres some sort of, so called Click you have to cawl your way into ??? :-

Daniel has simply given a genuine account of his experiences in his hometown. That is hardly a reason to judge him via your own personal experiences and values.

Alright, calm down it was just a question Im curious as to how things are different in russia. Stop trying to make me look like a cock.

On topic, when i ride I generally wear adidas trackys and a random t shirt, with nike 6.0s This is stuff I wouldnt wear casually.

whoooa,

people are very irate over this topic oops,

anyways i dont care what people wear its seems to me the 2 main diversity of fashion seem not to get along???

like when we bumped into Mat smith( your not the best mate!! ), he had a right atitude problem for the way we dressed

and his comment ( judging a whole city) just backs it up and we,ve met many more peple alike your not alone

Just seem childish

unless theres some sort of, so called Click you have to cawl your way into ??? :-

What? i had an attitude problem? WTF :S

You said, ere how do u ride in them pants? or something, and i said i dunno just do, then u said we have to go and went lol.

Random but okay.. I never even said anything bad to you or looked at u in a funny way lol.

EDIT: And when the f**k did i say i was the best? lmao... Dont even know u pal..

Mat

Edited by Mat Smith!

I made a joke asking how you could ride in those jeans

and that was the only time u answered us

u ignored us every other time

it aint our fault u wer acting a fanny

so we aint gunna lie and bum u

and u was well looking down you nose on us

them other lads u was with wer alright just you acting the willy

No wonder every says your a tosser behind your back (Y)

End of day i wear trackies and listen to bassline

Who cares i love trials as a sport and i dont expect to be judged

What can you expect, he's a charver :S

This is exactly the problem

Needless, Narrow-minded, Stereotypical mindsets

I made a joke asking how you could ride in those jeans

and that was the only time u answered us

u ignored us every other time

it aint our fault u wer acting a fanny

so we aint gunna lie and bum u

and u was well looking down you nose on us

them other lads u was with wer alright just you acting the willy

No wonder every says your a tosser behind your back (Y)

End of day i wear trackies and listen to bassline

Who cares i love trials as a sport and i dont expect to be judged

This is exactly the problem

Needless, Narrow-minded, Stereotypical mindsets

The only people that judge you are the moderators when you type a post like this.