£250 On...a Car?

Daniel C

• 3 months later...
What cars are really cheap on insurance? I thought a 106 would be but I couldn't find insurance for less than £1200 :o.

i would die if i could get my insurance even close to £1200 try £2357 for a 1.3 suzuki garaged and alarm and imobiliser my first car and so on but give me a break thats seriuosly damaging insurance

I know its a blast from the past this topic, but my gf recently brought a Fiat Sequento (sp?) for £250 with 6 months tax and mot, sure theres a few things wrong with it, (door not in line) may need a new exhaust son but *fingers crossed* it will last a fair while :) Becuase its only a 899cc the insurance was only £800, 1st car 17etc etc.

I might need to look for a car for under £100, just something to last until I finish sorting the Mini out!

Where did Top Gear get their cheap £100 cars from? Especially Jeremy with the '£1' Volvo... :P

i thought it was 1p lol :), any way try the scrap yard :D , or a shitty 10 year old KA with bog standard bumpers :)

Holla bitches - once uni ends, I'm planning on getting a cheap, shitty car that I can use to get around a bit, throw bikes in and out of, etc. It doesn't have to be anything special 'cos it's going to get f**ked pretty quickly, and I'd ideally like to spend definitely under £500, but pref. under £350 or so. Anyone got any suggestions for stuff to look out for? My brother's found a garage near where he lived in Southampton that does up cars that fail their MOTs and sells them on cheap, and that placed seemed to have some decent enough cars there, but any models that tend to last longer/be better would be good to know.

Similarly, what's the easiest way of getting an insurance quote? Most of the sites I've seen have asked for registration plates, and all that jazz. Can I just make that sorta stuff up, or would it all be checked 'n' stuff? I did Pass Plus too, but as I'm now 22 I don't know if that still counts...

Heeeeeeeeelp!

Yer if i rember correctly plymouth is full of palm trees.

Sure is, in the summer all the exotic bitches Rob gets in his marbella come down to the middle of town and chill under the palm trees, smoke some green, chat with the lads, everything.

I sometimes wonder why they filmed the OC in Cali rather than Plymouth.

Yer if i rember correctly plymouth is full of palm trees.

Sure is, in the summer all the exotic bitches Rob gets in his marbella come down to the middle of town and chill under the palm trees, smoke some green, chat with the lads, everything.

I sometimes wonder why they filmed the OC in Cali rather than Plymouth.

When the women hear me rollin up in the Marbella they cant contain themselves, they come runnin from beneath the palms waving blueys, sometimes even bending over to show me where the moneys at.

Its a tough life, often having to replace the hood where it gets dinged from the honeyz throwin themselves on!

Fuel economy says no...

You could try finding an estate Polo, they are pretty cheap and are surprisingly big inside.

I have the Seat version of it, people always think it's a Golf sized car.

If you can find the 1.9 turbo diesel version even better, mine is pretty rapid and very good on fuel.