How To Make A Video....

Dr. Nick Riviera

Aww, I was hoping it'd be the Island Style vid I've been after for ages - Linkin Park - 4gt10 off the Reanimation album as the soundtrack, about 6mins long, anyone help?

I've got one of those Norco's in my shed too :)

Proper video (Y)

Edited by Jolfa

Aww, I was hoping it'd be the Island Style vid I've been after for ages - Linkin Park - 4gt10 off the Reanimation album as the soundtrack, about 6mins long, anyone help?

I think I can help with that...

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ils&id=1612

BTW, what happened to Brisa bikes? :ermm:

Ace B) been looking for that for years, nice one (Y)

My mate still has one of those Brisa's too :D we started making a copy of that video back in the day, apart from we were both shit :lol:

Edited by Jolfa

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ils&id=1612

BTW, what happened to Brisa bikes? :ermm:

They went under mate. Not sure why. Really good bikes and I think a lot of people bought them. The last year was 06'. That year they made an integrated disc on their frame which sucked cause If you snapped the disc you had no frame. That might be why they went under. Not real sure on that one.

• 2 weeks later...
am I the only one who doesn't like it? :(

Haha no there are lots but there's no need to encourage them.

A lot of the footage in this is now 10 years old. Back then there wasn't the huge amount of internet or videos out there to buy like there are today. To put it in perspective we wondered if we should put this out on vhs or dvd at the time and went with vhs because none of us and probably not enough people had dvd players yet. At the time Dave and Dyl just entered expert with Jeff Anderson who is one of the top North American riders now. John was convinced to enter his first pro comp and thats what his comp footage is from. And then James, Joe and Myself were still in Sport. The video didn't do well because the riding was anything great, it was just something that was out there. I used to get inspired by the Nick Goddard and Matt Berridge videos as well as a few others. I still turn to the UK for most of my inspiration but I may have to rethink liking Ali C now. Haha. Kidding.

Haha no there are lots but there's no need to encourage them.

A lot of the footage in this is now 10 years old. Back then there wasn't the huge amount of internet or videos out there to buy like there are today. To put it in perspective we wondered if we should put this out on vhs or dvd at the time and went with vhs because none of us and probably not enough people had dvd players yet. At the time Dave and Dyl just entered expert with Jeff Anderson who is one of the top North American riders now. John was convinced to enter his first pro comp and thats what his comp footage is from. And then James, Joe and Myself were still in Sport. The video didn't do well because the riding was anything great, it was just something that was out there. I used to get inspired by the Nick Goddard and Matt Berridge videos as well as a few others. I still turn to the UK for most of my inspiration but I may have to rethink liking Ali C now. Haha. Kidding.

hmm, maybe I should say why I don't like it.

Its not the riding (there's still plenty in that vid I wish I could do!), I think it mainly comes down to the music and overall feel of it, its reminds me of punk Arerican kid bands (yes I know the vids Canadian). Its kinda just generic rather than its own style. There's no part in the vid (music, editing etc) that makes me think "wow".

I guess I saw this after Revolution (which I really liked!) so it had a hard act to follow.

Keep up the riding Brett!

But again keep in mind the year as far as editing goes. It was edited by a 15 year old kid who had 5 internet videos to his credit. Adobe back then wasn't exactly what it is now. As far as the music goes it was all free music that we actually cleared rights to on the internet. Again its a little easier in 2009 to find music on the internet by an independent artist that will let you use it for free than it was in 1999.

I'm not saying you can't not like the video. We all look back on it and laugh at it. But at the same time it was a pretty big undertaking for a 15 year old kid back in 1999.