Riding Shoes?

Matt_Thibeau

So I have been looking at some trials shoes, I like the viz ones, apperntly there good.

These are the shoes I have been riding in for about 2 years.. They have nothing left to them, yet they still feel amazing to ride in and still comfortable.

img_0077.jpg

So i was wondering, what shoes do you ride in?

Edited by Matt_Thibeau

I've always liked my Etnies for riding in. Soft on the bottom, so you can feel the pedals, and get more grip. REALLY comfy too! Mine wore out aages ago, and I'm still wearing them now!

Also had some DVS' which were nice aswell...

I prefer 'skate shoes' over trials pixie boots. :P One of my mates got some Ribos, and I tried them on and rode for a bit. They're too tight and feel weird? They were the right size for me too...

Any skate shoes will do.

I do make sure to have another pair ready for when the current ones wear out (it usually tends to be I'd have a set for riding, and a set for casual wear, once the riding ones have had their time I use the casual wear ones and buy a new set).

Not so much the soles wearing out, but all the lining thining and compressing doesn't make the shoe as good, as they are not as solid and stable as what they are when new.

Don't really get on with skate style shoes any more, just don't like how big and clumsy they all look. Stan Smiths/Superstars for meeeee :)

Plus one on that. I can't stand riding in skate shoes, they feel like they're going to fall off my feet.

my friend rode the 5-10's for about a year, he really liked them!

I love my 5.10s I'm on my second pair. The first pair lasted a year then I thought I deserved a new pair!

I've got the impact 2s They are quite big and reasonably heavy and stiff, but the grip they give is like nothing else.

I got pointed towards them from my climbing shoes (5.10 anisazis, THE climbing shoe of the last 10 years and 5.10 dragons). They use the same rubber on their freeride/mtb shoes, they developed for rock climbing. I'm running 5 year old v8s with basically no pins left and they are gripping really well.

I have ridden in skate shoes for years.

Mainly DC's but recently bought some Nike Air Whistler shoes in a sale, they are from the Nike 'Cycling' range.

The sole on the Nikes seems to have worn fairly quickly, when they are completely knackered and I have some spare money I am going to get some 5.10's :)

I might just send the Nikes off to http://www.feetfirst.resoles.co.uk/ and get them resoled with 5.10 rubber to see how I get on with it (Strangely I am worried it might be too grippy!)