Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

Haha, I can appreciate the work and timber choice, but it's the timber choice that's let it down too!

In other news....

My names Tom, and I have a problem..

image.jpg1_zpsuoyxqqnv.jpg

My friend lost his job Wednesday, and knew I had mad love for his SG so he put temptation in front of me and I fell hook line and sinker :lol:.

2015 SG special in fireburst, with all the case candy and gubbins to go with it. He's only had it 2 weeks and has played it a maximum of 4 times that I know of!

It's more a loan really as he can buy it back when he's sorted out but knew I wouldn't say no if he offered it. Plays so bloomin' lovely. Plus G force tuning is pimp as! Pick it up, turn the tuner on, strum, let it adjust then strum again and away you go!

The finish on my tele has always pissed me off, it's so shit. So I decided to 'detail' it today, if you would...

IMAG0663_zpsozgedyuh.jpg

IMAG0665_zpssfzyk7hi.jpg

Popped a 1500g disc on my DA, then a 3000g foam disc then a quick buff and it's so much better. It's always bugged me how shitty Fender finishes are for the dollah..

• Like 1

DSC_0311_zpstvpc4osp.jpg

cube-80gx_top_gal_zpseshizjt8.jpg

I decided holding off a while until my exams were over before I bought it as a bit of incentive.

Fender mexican standard telecaster and a Roland cube 80GX. I did want the 40GX but there wasn't one in stock and I had already waited so long I decided to get the 80GX for an addditional £70. Plus it's somewhat giggable too.

I tried the fender mustang two and felt no love towards it. I also tried some of the entry level orange amps and just wasn't feeling it.

Very very happy with the combination overall. Especially the amplifier, I like that it doesn't work on a preset basis. There's a clean channel and a drive channel and you can just add the effects; flanger, deley, reverb, chorus etc as you like. I felt that the insane amounts of presets on the mustang was just too much plus I'd only use 5% of them anyway. The cube also has a third solo channel if I did want to save any custom presets without having to scan through 50+. Personally, I like the ability to find and recreate my own sound which the cube allows me to do very well.

Edited by froggy
  • Like 1

A man after my own heart! Lovely rig bud, I'm loving my Tele at the minute.

Andy Farrell guitar tech has had my Tele for a few days, rewired with vintage CTS pots, cloth wiring, genuine oak grigsby switch, New cap and point to point wiring. Non of this body shield earth crap.

Teamed with the Texas specials it sound beautiful! The volume and tone roll off properly, from 1-10 over 80% of the pot rather than 20% that they usually come with. In the bridge position it's got such a bright rockabilly twang to it. Get your attack on and the bluesy SRV tone screams out.

He's dropped the frets a touch and given it a thorough setup and its fantastic. The nicest guitar I've had the joy of playing.

Hey guys, got any tips on how to improve my skills?

I'm a bass player and have always played with a pick because I've always played Metal and Hardcore. I'm pretty decent and fast at playing but I never learned the basics.

I really want to learn some Jazz or Blues to build up my playing, learn some theory and knowledge of standard tuning lol, also get good at playing with fingers.

Any ideas on where to start for improvement in those areas? It's pretty easy for Jazz and Blues to become way out of my playing ability hahahaha.

Consider following the bass guitar grading, even if you don’t take the exams. You’ll be exposed to a lot more genres and styles of playing. It will also teach you the theory.
I’d recommend starting at grade 1, even if you’re clearly above that level. Play things expressively with clarity. I found that this was my biggest downfall while learning guitar, I’d pick a song I liked which was way above my skillset and just hammer it for a week solid until I could play it. Anyone can play guitar, but someone who plays with finesse, in my opinion stands out from the crowd.

Where did you get the little chrome knob for the pickup selector switch Tom?

Also, what is the purpose of the ash tray bridge/pickups? I see them on a lot of old teles and 50s replicas.

The selector knob was from a guy on ebay, he made them in little batches but I've had it for ages. There's someone else knocking them up now though.

The ashtray bridge in my opinion makes a Tele. The sound is brighter and sharper but it does sound a lot 'scrappier' if that's even the correct term? On the modern bridge my Tele sounded quite nice unplugged just ringing a few chords. Now it sounds pretty dire unplugged but it's not a major concern. Intonation suffers a tiiiiny bit on the ashtray too as E+B have to meet in the middle, G+D the same and E+A with them sharing the saddles. It's only really a problem on the Bottom E+A saddle as the string gauge is heavier but it's pretty minute.

The ashtrays look a thousand times better though, feel slightly more comfortable to play too as you can rest your little finger on the bottom edge when solo'ing etc. In hindsight before I bought mine and had it setup I should've played one of the newer Squiers or something.

It's all personal opinion though I suppose, I like them because I was born about 50 years too late :P

They're awesome, aren't they? If you haven't yet have it fully setup. Mine felt nice for ages then I had it pro setup and it was unreal how much better it felt.

So I kinda bought a bass. I've been having the odd bass lesson with my guitar teacher and he offered me his 2013 Squier Jazz Bass, it's really really nice to play and he's only off loading to buy a new Mexican jazz bass.

I'm gonna tart it up a touch with some nice shineys and just a really nice build. It'll never get hammered but it's a nice thing to have around.

Ok, so I might have a slight LPB obsession..

image.jpg1_zpsv2svhg7g.jpg

I stripped the bass from my tutor, I've painted it with matching headstock (just waiting on the waterslide) in GM ocean turquoise. Thinking this would be Fender Medium Ocean Turquoise, turns out it's LPB :lol:

Ahh well, I likes it.

Rebuilding it tonight whilst Jenny's out, USA vintage spec cloth wiring kit, CTS pots with .47 cap, fender USA pickups, Wilkinson bridge with brass saddles and some new Slinky .45-105s. Along with shineys :)

Finito..

image.jpg1_zps1f8xieic.jpg

Spent the last hour adjusting the saddles and truss rod, action feels lovely with no buzz! I bought some neck radius setting tools and they're great, makes life nice and easy to set the saddles up.

Plays really nice and sound bad ass, can't get over the string gauge thou, 105 feels like it could hold my house up :lol:

What's that projecting/reflecting onto the strat? Weirdly looks like it could make a cool graphic.

The guitars look great as they are, but even I wouldn't have them all the same colour :P

I think I'm (regrettably) going to be selling my Cort A6 bass soon - anyone got any suggestions for decent places to sell it or is it best to just go down the standard eBay route?

If anyone wants an A6 in good condition complete with a hard case (and possibly a Marshall ED-1 Compressor pedal too if I can find it) let me know :P

What's that projecting/reflecting onto the strat? Weirdly looks like it could make a cool graphic.

The guitars look great as they are, but even I wouldn't have them all the same colour :P

It's some troll on the TV, your right it would look cool though!

I didn't want LPB on the bass originally, I wanted ocean turquoise which is..

OriginalTurquoiseMetallicJag.jpg

But turns out that Fender used that name twice in the seventies or so for the green and for the blue variations! Still, looks pretty cool I think.

• Like 1

Fiiiine. Yes, I have repainted this because someone on TF commented :lol:

IMAG0775_zps36kicujj.jpg

I saw a Daphne blue type jazz bass on Google the other night and thought it was awesome so went that route.

• Like 1