Trials Uk Legitamately Robbed Me

sayshell

You could try and get a Citizens Advice Solicitor to have a look at what he's done, he'll clarify if it was or wasn't illegal, and if you have a leg to stand on if you decide to sue him. Though doing it from Canada - UK could be a potential pit-fall, plus he'll probably find a scapegoat.

Sorry to hear it happened though dude.

There was a very similar situation this end but not as extreme since nobody got robbed and as far as I can say the shop didn't break the law. However, it gradually came to a halt chiefly due to a series of topics on an internet forum. Now all that's left of it is a website which hasn't been updated for ages. So yes, a sticky would probably ruin T-UK. The question is - what's the point? If you can take legal action against a company that's not living up to standards set by the law, do it especially as it's only going to cost one phone call. It's much better than forcefully informing everybody around about how bad one place is, especially as you have a great alternative like Tarty.

I've had good and bad experiences with Dan but can say he's never caused me too much trouble. However, storing of card details is a bit worrying. I do hope that what happened to Nick was caused by the payment being split into a few installments and isn't common practice.

haha that's funny

That is a said thing to hear .......

See below

Thats not entirely true. If it was you wouldn't be able to register your details with a company and allow them to keep them on record for future orders. How many times do you need to enter your card details when you use paypal for example ;) Online shops are allowed to as well, you have to keep an eye on the T&C's.

Yeh, it might not be illegal for companies to retain the information, but surley they can't use it to make unauthorised withdrawls on the account? How many times has paypal deducted money from your account without your consent?

Im almost certain what dan's done isn't alright, and that nick will at least get his money back.

HE'S BEEN A JERK FOR FAR TOO LONG

time to look for a new job dan

trials uk used to be most riders first choice

youd order one day and get the stuff the next

after being one of the hundreds of regular's i found my self waiting for 3months for an echo tyre that was aparently in stock

he even took the money off me! finaly after varios emails and trying to get replys off him on msn i got my tyre, of witch a year earlyer he would

have got to me the next day :(

all i can say youve brung it on your self mate

these people are a bigger part of your business than you! cant go on running trials uk when you can be arsed

www.tartybikes.co.uk

www.selectbikes.com

www.heatsinkbikes.co.uk

^ these people are friendly

call and they are there

email and youll get a reply

order and for some straing reason youll get exactly what you orderd :unsure:

Thats not entirely true. If it was you wouldn't be able to register your details with a company and allow them to keep them on record for future orders. How many times do you need to enter your card details when you use paypal for example ;) Online shops are allowed to as well, you have to keep an eye on the T&C's.

But that’s just it. PayPal have you card details not the company you bought off of. The company have no idea of you card details, PayPal the middle man do. So the company would still have to request the money off you.

How many times has paypal deducted money from your account without your consent?

Never, PayPal take my ebay fees off me automatically. But i gave them my permission to do this.

The question is - what's the point? If you can take legal action against a company that's not living up to standards set by the law, do it especially as it's only going to cost one phone call. It's much better than forcefully informing everybody around about how bad one place is, especially as you have a great alternative like Tarty.

So if someone's being f**ked about, has received shitty service, or has generally had bad experiences with a company they should keep silent? You'd rather have more people getting ripped off, rather than a few people getting ripped off and warning others about it to prevent them having the same problems? That's ridiculous - why not treat the problem instead of the symptoms? Prevention is better than cure. I'm well aware that people are always quick to complain but slow to praise, but just because that's the norm doesn't mean people shouldn't post instances of them getting f**ked around. The trials community is still relatively small, but I see no reason to let businesses that are doing shady dealings around just because they're "One of us". If it was a good business and it was one instance of them making a mistake, then fair enough, people shouldn't jump to criticise - however, in that there have been endless topics about how Dan's too lazy to actually do his job, and is knowingly f**king about the 'fellow riders' who are so concerned about him staying in business, why should he receive the same sort of treatment here that GOOD companies get? Tartybikes have a solid reputation here because Adam (and initially Dave too when he was involved) gave a shit about customer service, tried their best to help out, and ran their business properly. They put the time and effort in to build their reputation, so why should we gloss over Dan being a dickhead just so we don't lose a 'rider owned' business? It's not like if Trials-UK went under Tartybikes would suddenly have a monopoly, and even if they did, I'm pretty sure that another company would surface if Tarty started knobbing around (Which they obviously wouldn't), similarly to how Tartybikes and Select began themselves to offer customers more choice for getting products.

Maybe we should delete the Refs/Feedback section too? Bearing in mind that people can use The Law to get their money/products back, so why should they post on here they've been ripped off by people? I mean, the scammers on there are just other riders too, so surely we shouldn't hamper them making money by taking money off people and not sending parts, and so on...

trials uk used to be most riders first choice

Haha, when? When has anyone ever thought that anyone other than Tartybikes or Select would be the best place to go? It seems that the people who usually champion Dan's business tend to be people he knows or friends of his, whereas the people who champion Tartybikes are actually customers who use their normal service - not getting cut price 'deals' because they're friends or any crap like that...

www.heatsinkbikes.co.uk

^ these people are friendly

call and they are there

email and youll get a reply

order and for some straing reason youll get exactly what you orderd :unsure:

Really? That hasn't always been the case recently, has it? When Heatsink began that was often true, however more recently due to life getting in the way, that hasn't necessarily been the case...

I thought there were different levels of the Data Protection act? Like different types of data have different security restrictions.

i couldn't give a f**k if Dan has my address, age, phone number, bra size etc because that's all stuff I'd gladly tell my Mum, but do i want him keeping my card details after I've paid for something? f**k no! Therefore he's holding information about me without my permission, and it must therefore be against the law.

There are different sections and most of them refer to the security of the information. The relevant and excessive act is merely to make sure that he only ascertains details that relate to the order, card details being one of them. It must be against the law? In accordance with the data protection act so long as he's obtained the details legally, keeps them safe and has them for no longer than the period of relevance (you being a customer with them) then he's keeping the details rightly in accordance to the data protection act. This is how online shops can store card details for however long they like.

But that’s just it. PayPal have you card details not the company you bought off of. The company have no idea of you card details, PayPal the middle man do. So the company would still have to request the money off you.

Never, PayPal take my ebay fees off me automatically. But i gave them my permission to do this.

You've missed the point entirely. The point is if its illegal for a company to keep your card details on record. Paypal was an example as a lot of people use it. Replace paypal with amazon, overclockers, or any other company of your choice.

How many times has paypal deducted money from your account without your consent?

Twice.

You've missed the point entirely. The point is if its illegal for a company to keep your card details on record. Paypal was an example as a lot of people use it. Replace paypal with amazon, overclockers, or any other company of your choice.

But paypal is not the company your buying from is it, trials-uk is. Paypal is the electronic transfer of funds.

I get what you mean thought, but im just saying your not buying from paypal your buying from t-uk. So if you pay with paypal with Dan he does not get your card details. I think.

But yer i understand companies cant keep card details. But paypal can.

Edited by 16 years later

But paypal is not the company your buying from is it, trials-uk is. Paypal is the electronic transfer of funds.

I get what you mean thought, but im just saying your not buying from paypal your buying from t-uk. So if you pay with paypal with Dan he does not get your card details. I think.

They can do though, thats what i'm saying. I know this case isn't about paypal, but paypal is a company. Paypal can keep your details on record, as can many others. Replace paypal with any other company name and the result will be the same.

For another example, the uk company overclockers has my card details on record and i can log in at any time to place an order without needing my card. Loads of companies do.

Paypal are fukin wakrs.

I think it is perfectly acceptable to inform other people of shit service whether it is on the internet or not. If someone told you not to go to a pub because it is shit, no-one would bat an eyelid, if they believed that person was saying that the pub was shit because it was shit and not because they had knocked up the landlords daughter and they didn't want to go in there, so they told their mate that it was shit, when really it wasn't shit but was really a good pub, with excellent service, the best pub for miles, but the landlords daughter had told her father and he was up for a shotgun wedding...............

What I am trying to say is if the shop in question doesn't want people going on forums and telling other people about their shit experience with them then don't give a shit service, it's basic modern business and I for one am glad that I have been warned of this pisstake so it doesn't happen to me.

Has anyone noticed that my last post was in the future?

The time now is 21:02.

Sorry, couldn't resist replying to a few of these:

So if someone's being f**ked about, has received shitty service, or has generally had bad experiences with a company they should keep silent?

No, have I said that anywhere? There is a difference between threads like this one, and threads made only to discredit a company.

You'd rather have more people getting ripped off, rather than a few people getting ripped off and warning others about it to prevent them having the same problems?
No, I suggesting legal action as a way to prevent these problems from happening. By writing that a discrediting thread is a bad idea, I did not mean to say that people should keep getting ripped off.

That's ridiculous - why not treat the problem instead of the symptoms? Prevention is better than cure.

Preventing something from happening, that has already happened many times before? So in your opinion, a sticky will prevent everyone from buying at this shop and help those who are already in trouble? Strangely, the numerous threads about these problems we've had in the past few weeks haven't helped much if people are still experiencing difficulties. And how will that sticky help a new rider who has never heard of TF and has just googled uk trials shop and decided to purchase a bike there? People in this thread are not talking about prevention anymore Mark, they're talking about a cure. What you're suggesting is not unlike placing a warning sign before a bridge which will collapse if you try to cross it rather than just demolishing it.

[nevermind]

I speak as an individual here.

Edited by Inur

Lets face it, I don't think Dan will show his face on here in a hurry now.

So lets let this one die, everybody who's been ripped off get hold of trading standards and make a propper complaints. (And try not to speak like dins, think about what your going to say)

Then if any "new" problems come up then we'll tackle them as and when they arise ? The "I <3/ T-UK" avatars will put a few people off him anyway...

• 4 months later...
But its people’s choice if they buy from him. It should just inform every one about what happens whit Dan, so they can make there one minds up (which will be of course not to buy from him)

It should be an unbiased topic.

I think I’ve confused myself.

If they want to get ripped off.