Yaabaa 1499

N.Wood

Had this for about a month now, really enjoying it.

DSCN1780.jpg

DSCN1781.jpg

DSCN1783.jpg

DSCN1782.jpg

Changes from standard:

Trialtech bars

Trialtech forks

King headset

Light tubes f+r

ENO freewheel

Koxx Croco Brown pads

Continental Rain King rear tyre

Mag/ti pedals

Hope Mono Trial 200mm

'08 Echo lever blade

Ti stem bolts

Holy bejesus you paid for the Ti-nesiums!!

What rim is that on the rear? do you think it works better with that spoke holing?

Do you know the weight of it?

I didn't pay any more than £55 for the pedals, came up on ebay. Usually a few around if you have a look (Y)

Rim is a try-All Holes with circular holes, as far as i know pretty similar to standard Try-Alls. Offset seems very good, i know a few people had issues with the H hubs on standard rims as the spokes seemed to undo themselves. no such problems here.

No idea on weight, probably light-ish or something.

that thing has to be light now!! i really like the yaabaa's. Nice geometry on it too.

im still not convinced on these continentals. What are they like for punctures? I know alot of folk seem to be running higher pressures than usual!?

The Rain King is a pre production tyre, same deal as Ali's Kaiser. As far as i'm aware its the only one in use for trials at the moment.

The sidewalls are nuts, completely different to the Rubber Queen you're probably thinking about. Not worried about punctures AT ALL, loads stiffer than Maxxis Dual Ply.

• 1 month later...

Just a little update on this, still love the bike, the H hub on the front didn't agree with me so has been replaced with a Rockman BUB, and theres a few alloy bolts here and there.

The Rain King has barely worn, even after a few rides on Dartmoor granite. Best tyre ever, you should get one when they come out (available at Tartybikes).

The standard Try-All notched (on Tarty they say CNC ones, but they're not), running the bolts with the head on the outside meant there wasn't enough adjustment to get them tight once the chain stretched, so I put a little nut on the end of the bolt to give it extra width, works perfectly now.

You could also flip the bolt so it screws from the inside, but then its a bit of a pain to get to :)