• Front Disk back Disk
    • Front Disk back Mag
    • Front disk back V
    • Other (You weirdo)
  2. 2. Do you use a brake booster?

• Yes I use a brake booster
    • No I do not use a brake booster
    • It's non of your business

My magura with spanish fly pads on a chrome rim will beat all of your fancy ground nonsense any day.

Its raining, you coming to ride? Didnt think so. :giggle:

Front 180 disc BB7 SD7 lever with braided hose organic pads, rear 04 black maggi, unex hose and cross over water bleed, plaz pads...trial tech booster.

edit: 24. Hope trial 180 gothic rotor danger boy lever front, silver 04 maggi rear with coust green with metal backings with shimano v booster unex crosover

Edited by Ross McArthur

Shhhhhhh..... It's because the brake was too damn good! It just ripped the pads apart. :(

Normally front sd5 rear maggie, but testing out a front bb7 at the moment as I ride in the wet a lot.

By the way I have noticed that the spanish fly pads tend to come out of the backings a lot. My friend is on his third set!

bb7 front

hs33 rear/ booster/croco koxx pads

Dave

some times i stop by crashing in to things though (Y) stops you so quick......

Normally front sd5 rear maggie, but testing out a front bb7 at the moment as I ride in the wet a lot.

By the way I have noticed that the spanish fly pads tend to come out of the backings a lot. My friend is on his third set!

tell him to set his pads closer to the rim to prevent this.

they come out due to the large ammount of vibration when far away from the rim (Y)

Edited by mrkoxx

bb7 front

hs33 rear/ booster/croco koxx pads

Dave

some times i stop by crashing in to things though (Y) stops you so quick......

tell him to set his pads closer to the rim to prevent this.

they come out due to the large ammount of vibration when far away from the rim (Y)

As close as he can get them.

vee brake front, halfords arms, clarks cable, sd5 lever, moe pads. very very dead grind works mint.

new style maggie rear, standard mounts, rock green pads, light/dead grind bit of tar sometimes when grind wears down. czar lever.

vee brake front, halfords arms, clarks cable, sd5 lever, moe pads. very very dead grind works mint.

new style maggie rear, standard mounts, rock green pads, light/dead grind bit of tar sometimes when grind wears down. czar lever.

The bikehut V arms seem very good to me, what are they like to ride?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway the point of this topic was:

A: I was interested

B: My trusty V-brakes have finally had it and I have been contemplating trying out something else long term

I have had discs and maggies before but never really kept them on long term.

I have considered getting some new Vees but have decided to come kicking and screaming into the 21st century and believe that I am now riding smooth enough to prevent myself clanging the disc (one of the reasons I havn't stuck with discs on atrials bike for long) and try this combo out again.

From the poll it seems most people use Disc front maggie rear. Is there any particular reason why you use this combination.

I don't want to be explained the idea behind it I get that bit, I just want to know why you do.

I don't want any suggestions at this point about makes and models either, I have enough brakes kicking around to try it out, further down the line if I don't end up putting my trusty (but very f**ked) Vees back on I will then be looking at buying some better shit.

Include experiences good and bad also, like for instance I think maggie levers suck and I hate to get stuck in the middle of a woods with a leaky brake, which doesn't happen with Vees.

However I have had cables snap on me with hilarious results (for anyone watching and if theres no-one in the woods watching, do the trees here me scream?)

I do have a stack of cash burning a whole in my pocket after selling some bikes though so if anyone has a decent wheelset (Disc front/ 116mm back) feel free to pm me.

Thanks

Matt

BB7 out front, maggie on 4 bolt booster at the rear.

Although i am contemplating forcing my mate to return my front XTR vee, it was amazing and all this disk malarky i'm unsure about to be honest

the vee was so strong and snappy and dependable, my disc is constantly loosening the inner pad adjuster, its poo.

BB7 out front, maggie on 4 bolt booster at the rear.

Although i am contemplating forcing my mate to return my front XTR vee, it was amazing and all this disk malarky i'm unsure about to be honest

the vee was so strong and snappy and dependable, my disc is constantly loosening the inner pad adjuster, its poo.

Thats the shit I'm asking for.

Thanks shamus

Matt