Driving Test Advice - Dsa Cancelled It Till 19th March

maxxis26

Ok its been a long time coming, my 6thh and hopefully last driving test. Ive had some proper lessons with a driving instructor and have passed a mock driving test with 5 minors and my instructor feels i am more than ready and have no reason to worry

so i am only looking for some advice, thing to remember when on test and such

may well help other who are coming round to there test day

thanks in advance

will update with pass or fail

maxxis26

Edited by maxxis26

Passed mine, 1st try, on Friday 13th last week! Things I would say to keep in mind are the things that they failed you for on your previous tests. otherwise some things I would say to keep in mind are:

* Keep checking your mirrors and speed every few seconds

* Keep an eye out for speed signs and changes of speed

* lLok at the road markings and always plan your journey ahead so you know exactly where your going and what hazzords are ahead (this way you may not have to stop and you have more time to think about what to do)

* Have good lane dissapline - always try to get back over to the left lane, and stay in your lane on roundabouts

* If you f**k up on a manouver it's not a problem, if you don't think your gonna make it then pull out and try again

* Don't think about your mistakes just keep a clear head and your mind on your driving

Be confident but cautious, take no silly chances at junctions and drive like a geek and you'll be fine!

Just so you remember... All the best drivers pass first time ;)

Pretty much what jonny mc has said. Just chillout and pretend to yourself, your in your own car, and have been driving for ages. You only have to drive your best for 40 minutes, then you have 70 years to drive however you want. Think about it like that...

Just remember that they're not trying to catch you out, don't think that anything they ask you to do is a trick. When doing manuvers (sp?) or anything in fact, take as much time as you need and keep checking everything; mirrors, blindspots, indicators.

Get a good nights sleep before hand, have a decent breakfast and think positive thoughts the whole day.

Rich

God i hate the dsa

they called me at 4:30 this evening telling me they have moved my driving test to the 19th of march because my tester has left

what the hell are they playing at

ive called them and there phone system just sends you round in rings

looks like i wont be doing my test a quick as i would have liked

as you can tell im pretty annoyed

Relax.

Thats the best bit of advice anyone can give you, Relax and take it easy, enjoy the day

What I did was give myself a mental running commentary in my head so I had make my mind see and react to what was happening and coming up, made me react further in advance, obviously still concentrate on the road when doing it (dont do it now I passed though)

And yes.....I did pass by doing it.

Good luck to you buddy

Frooty

Edited by fruitbat

Ok its been a long time coming, my 6thh and hopefully last driving test. Ive had some proper lessons with a driving instructor and have passed a mock driving test with 5 minors and my instructor feels i am more than ready and have no reason to worry

so i am only looking for some advice, thing to remember when on test and such

may well help other who are coming round to there test day

thanks in advance

will update with pass or fail

maxxis26

This is not meant to be arrogant or rude but surely if you've had 5 tests aready you know what to expect?

Just stay loose and don't do what you did wrong on the last ones and just drive.....feel it dont think about it.

On the day, be competant and open minded but dont be over confident, just chillax. When your driving, make sure that your not thinking about others things and just focus on the road ahead. Check your mirrors every time you change speed or direction. Another little tip, pretend you have a class of acid on the dash board, if you don't drive smoothly then the acid will tip over and burn you...lol. Keep an sharp eye out for road signs!!! Also your body language can have an impact on your driving...

so major advise is, Relax. You'll drive much better.

Good luck.

Edited by N Roach

My friend took her driving test quite recently and they failed her because she began to speed up about 50 yards before reaching the national speed limit sign so avoid doing that. If your insured to, get out and practice as much as you can in a parent/friend's car, my instructor told me that the more cars you drive the better overall driver you will be and I think he was right.