Onza T-pro

stunt man t

He's done:

Cut away the head tube

Cut off the bashplate mounts

ground down part of the chainstay yoke

drilled a few holes in the bb, dropouts and forks.

what he needs to do now is:

get one halflink and slam his wheel, cut down the dropouts

make a slot in the BB

Oh, I see, he's posted finally.

Edited by Bruce Lee

Because it's going to snap, and you're going to use the pavement as a brake. Don't say you weren't warned. That thing is a death trap..

this stem has the same amount of clamp on it

http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?produc...;category_id=29

dont think itll snap but if it does ill tell u about it :lol:

nah it'll be fine....just zoo stem clamps basically with 3 diddy holes (that are fairly pointless)..can't see it being too weak

+1 (Y)

apart from the pointless bit lol

no offence here, but is the stem (or the 8mm holes in the drop out) saving much weight at all?? i know its your mission to get it seriously light, but would takin 1/2 a cm off the bar at each end probably do you more good than this??

likewise, your still running valve caps, i know they count for nothing, but if drill a 6mm hole through a reasonably light aluminium part is worth doing, you may as well remove the valve caps too, and would you not save another few grams by losing the braided hosing.

not trying to p*ss on your fire like, just think the little bits like that would probably save you the same, if not more weight than drilling holes through perfectly good bits.

other than that, it looks ok, are the pedals massive or the cranks just really short??

no offence here, but is the stem (or the 8mm holes in the drop out) saving much weight at all?? i know its your mission to get it seriously light, but would takin 1/2 a cm off the bar at each end probably do you more good than this??

likewise, your still running valve caps, i know they count for nothing, but if drill a 6mm hole through a reasonably light aluminium part is worth doing, you may as well remove the valve caps too, and would you not save another few grams by losing the braided hosing.

not trying to p*ss on your fire like, just think the little bits like that would probably save you the same, if not more weight than drilling holes through perfectly good bits.

other than that, it looks ok, are the pedals massive or the cranks just really short??

thats fine matey and probably true i mite do what you said aswell then ;)

why do one when i can do both?????????

and the cranks are short (158m) and the pedals are big aswell :lol:

Why not grind the front rim that will shed a few grams, and take off the chain tensioners, also you could replace all the bolts with the ti ones.

I know it only saves grams but every little helps.

That won't make much difference, the rear tyre and wheels are pretty heavy, theres at least half a kilo to loose there if he can be arsed.

It's under 9kg, just ride it! It's nice to have lightweight bikes, but from my experience once you get a mod under 9kg it's light enough. (10kg for a stock).

That won't make much difference, the rear tyre and wheels are pretty heavy, theres at least half a kilo to loose there if he can be arsed.

It's under 9kg, just ride it! It's nice to have lightweight bikes, but from my experience once you get a mod under 9kg it's light enough. (10kg for a stock).

thats true mate and i will do but im just experimenting on a old frame to see how light i can possibly get it before i change frames

and i should get a lighter wheel set

maybe atomz rims on try-all hubs :-

aint decided yet

thats true mate and i will do but im just experimenting on a old frame to see how light i can possibly get it before i change frames

aint decided yet

You just bought new wheel's, Or relaced them onto different hub's now you going to change again. :dots::dots:

aint decided yet

y not get sl rims they are so light and look awesome, and cut the outta wall out of the front rim to single ??

y not get sl rims they are so light and look awesome, and cut the outta wall out of the front rim to single ??

i might just buy some lighter ones anyway like onza pro series

they seem the lightest (Y)

You just bought new wheel's, Or relaced them onto different hub's now you going to change again. :dots::dots:

yeah but i can still keep the wheel for my other bike

or even better sell em and put the money towards the new wheels :P

Edited by stunt man t

I couldn't justify stripping loads of weight off a t-pro, but good on you man! Do Halfords weigh your bike for you?

Looks like as has been said, it could potentially knock your teeth out though. Be careful!

:)

yeah i no mate

its only till i get my new frame though (Y)

then im scrapping the frame

unless anyone wud buy it? :giggle: