Wanna Light Bike?

Saved a bit on my bike....new frame was 650g saving ( zenith to coust v2 ) ...er, 200ish on the pedals? v8s to mg1s.....50g off headset, tensile ace from echo

changing the front tyre to something lighter soon though, highrollers a bit hench for my riding really, any suggestions? need something around 2.2-2.35, light, comparable grip to maxxis...

Think im going to get a der kaiser, or tubeless rubber queen eventually, seems to be the way to go now

Edited by Alex Dark

Only way i can save weight on my coust v2 is to change the tyres, which i wont as try alls ae much better than contis, or to go front hs33 but at a cost of roughly £400 quid on top of a £1400 quid bike its not gonna happen anytime soon.

ANdy B

Try-all for more grip, Mountain King 2.2 for less weight. (Roughly a 200-225g difference).

For ultimate lightness, might want to give one of these a go. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5842

No idea what the grip is like though.

how much lighter is the tryall if anything?

Only way i can save weight on my coust v2 is to change the tyres, which i wont as try alls ae much better than contis, or to go front hs33 but at a cost of roughly £400 quid on top of a £1400 quid bike its not gonna happen anytime soon.

ANdy B

£400?! for front hs 33 :S how did you get that figure? Max i can see it being is:

Magura £65

Forks £120

Rim £25

Pads £32

Plastic pedals aren't actually that light. I have some Primo Stricker Magnesiums, unsealed, with the inside of the platform cut out, and they're a lot lighter than my mate's Welgo plastics! Even my other mate's Eclat ones.

If you guys want lighter bikes try using avid ultimate v brakes. They weigh bout 128 grams a pair then u can get the matching levers and drill them out, you could drill out your bashring, use carbon headset stackers, use xc stems, drill the rim sidewalls, drill out the front clamp on the stem. Just a few ideas i thought of after reading this thread.

If you guys want lighter bikes try using avid ultimate v brakes. They weigh bout 128 grams a pair then u can get the matching levers and drill them out, you could drill out your bashring, use carbon headset stackers, use xc stems, drill the rim sidewalls, drill out the front clamp on the stem. Just a few ideas i thought of after reading this thread.

The avid SL's are lighter than the ulitmates ;)

V brakes only work out lighter if you already have the mounts, if youre forced to use Vdapters then youre looking at the same weight as a magura anyways.

Was just a thought man im not really a weight obsessive im a street rider so stronger is more important than weight for me! But i did forget about the adapters! I guess u could save a few grams drilling out the 4 bolt mounts on your maguras? Also cut your bars down would save more weight too!