Caelifera - From Otn

BenLeacock™

No plug on the toptube? Also the clearance between the seatstay bridge/end of the toptube to tyre seems to be really tight on that first one (even with a pretty dead tyre), and with the wheel fully forward would it take a new, large volume tyre or is it just the angle the photo's been taken at? Also, I'm not convinced that you're going to be able to tension the chain sufficiently by hand as it stands, and with the chain in the way it could be kinda awkward to do.

Otherwise look really nicely finished and pretty well thought out. Too low for my liking but then that's modern frames for you!

no plug on the top tube because that's where you get the jet propulsion... or store your weed? And there is just enough room, you can't get the tire to hit the bridge or the tube.

As far as the tensioner on the stock there is plenty room, the mod is tight. But there are simple ways to work around that.

yeah my bad-

I got kind of excited about the colors when I was creating them, and thought: well I could do all white... or maybe I'll do something that sets it apart from the other frames... metalic orange! And well I went with it... Sorry.

Edited by Dang!

I have no knowledge of what I'm about to ask so please don't go crazy on me.

What's the advantage (if any) of having a curved top tube over a straight top tube? Monty Kamels, Biketrial Rulongs and Neon Bows all have that, surely there's a good reason?

I have no knowledge of what I'm about to ask so please don't go crazy on me.

What's the advantage (if any) of having a curved top tube over a straight top tube? Monty Kamels, Biketrial Rulongs and Neon Bows all have that, surely there's a good reason?

I'm guessing to keep the frame out the way. If you look at where the top tube comes out of the head tube, if it was straight tubing it would be higher than it is. So gives the rider more space to move legs etc, which i can imagine is helpful in a comp.

I'm guessing to keep the frame out the way. If you look at where the top tube comes out of the head tube, if it was straight tubing it would be higher than it is. So gives the rider more space to move legs etc, which i can imagine is helpful in a comp.

right on the money! It allows the forces to transfer to the heavier head tube while maintaining a tiny stand over and lighter weight. Or that's what I have attempted to do.

The Stock looks awesome, but Im not to sure about the chain tug idea. Its very similar to the chain tugs Mongoose put on there dirt jumper range, and you could always guarantee that it would slacking off, alot, during a ride, and that was just with dirt jumping, so i cant image it will remain tight, for long, during trials.

Anyways, whos the UK Caelifera dealer? and How much are one of these frames?

The Stock looks awesome, but Im not to sure about the chain tug idea. Its very similar to the chain tugs Mongoose put on there dirt jumper range, and you could always guarantee that it would slacking off, alot, during a ride, and that was just with dirt jumping, so i cant image it will remain tight, for long, during trials.

Anyways, whos the UK Caelifera dealer? and How much are one of these frames?

Surely once you tighten the bolts up it won't matter?

There is no UK dealer, they're a hand made $700 frame.