The Energy Thread

JonMack

Have a banana (Y) waaaay cheaper than lucozade etc and has loads of energy in. It also releases the energy over a more spread out time rather than a short burst :)

what he said.... plus orange juice diluted with water about 50/50 is good. The idea of the sports drinks is to get into your system quickly to re-hydrate, you can see if it works by how coloured your piss is after a ride... the deeper the colour the more dehydrated you are!! ... or you have been drinking varnish again :D

... of course, i use multi vitimins, ibuprofen, expresso and a Jack Daniels before bed!!! And that is just to get through a normal day :D

Edited by r2wtrials

what he said.... plus orange juice diluted with water about 50/50 is good. The idea of the sports drinks is to get into your system quickly to re-hydrate, you can see if it works by how coloured your piss is after a ride... the deeper the colour the more dehydrated you are!! ... or you have been drinking varnish again :D

... of course, i use multi vitimins, ibuprofen, expresso and a Jack Daniels before bed!!! And that is just to get through a normal day :D

Deeper? :S Lighter?

Deeper? :S Lighter?

The more yellow it is the more dehydrated you are. Go out to the pub, drink a few pints and your piss will be clear because youre full of liquids, wake up in the morning with a hangover (because of dehydration) and your piss will be yellow :)

The more yellow it is the more dehydrated you are. Go out to the pub, drink a few pints and your piss will be clear because youre full of liquids, wake up in the morning with a hangover (because of dehydration) and your piss will be yellow :)

Yeah I knew that lol.. When I quoted it I swear it said the deeper colour the more hydrated you are :Slol.. must of looked at it funny. :)

I did a bit of research today and found this, http://www.cptips.com/hmdesnk.htm

I tried this one:

Recipe #3 (using cups and quarts)

4 tablespoons sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup boiling water

2 tablespoons lemon juice

3-3/4 cups cold water

1. In the bottom of a pitcher, dissolve the sugar and salt in the hot water.

2. Add the juice and the remaining water; chill.

Yield: 1 quart

Nutrition Information (per 8 ounces):

Calories - 50

carbohydrate 12 grams

sodium 110 milligrams

potassium 30 milligrams

I mixed the sugar, salt, and boiling water in a measuring jug, then poured in the lemon juice, and then put it into a 1l bottle and filled it up with cold water. It was really warm, so I ended up drinking some as soon as I had ridden to the spot, then I drank more while riding, then saved some for when I got home, and usually by this time, even after a few hours riding, I would be aching, and my legs would hurt, but I havent noticed anything at all, infact I've felt really good all day.

Gonna start making it more often I think, as it only took about 5 minutes and worked really well.

Well you need to keep your self hydrated some how when your out, we are made up of about 75% fluid so water or lightly flavored water is good, the best thing to be doing is stocking up on foods like carbohydrates the night/day before a big ride, there is no point is trying to keep your self going on energy food and drink on the ride/exercise when the night before you just have crap food.