Google Street View

Ravemonkey

I've found the house i lived in, in Nottingham when i was there for Uni. The pictures were taken whilst i lived there. Where i live now isn't currently covered.

Seems like a b*****d task to perform though. I used it a while ago after i had come back from travelling around Europe, to just kind of refresh my memory of the streets i walked down/visited etc.

It certainly is an extensive service/feature.

I just realised they took the pictures when both me and my housemate were out in our cars!! He almost never used his, so pretty luck on their behalf.

Edited by Matthew62

It has come in handy for me in the past, but I can see why people would be a bit pissed that their homes can be seen by anyone on the internet. I thought that Scunthorpe was a bit of a random one... :S.

to be fair someone could just walk up to any house in the country anyway, I cant really understand how a poor resolution picture of your street is in anyway invading your privacy.

I think its pretty good, not really invading privacy as anyone could walk into a street and look at someones house.

as for post above, better angle on link below

http://googlesightseeing.com/maps?p=&c...167673628008745

EDIT: The link above doesn't give a better angle, stupid thing, if you click to the left a bit and rotate round a bit you'll see whats happened

Frooty

Edited by fruitbat

Where my house is, there's just a cow in a field

Its pretty scary stuff to be honest, knowing there could be people staring at me now from space. I'll stop now, im scaring myself

Yeah, they’re recording out how much weed you’ve smoked cumulatively in the last 12 months so that they can hit you with ultra-arrest by kicking your door down in the middle of the night, sporting balaclavas, sniffer dogs and AK’s. You’ll be there, biff in one hand, dick in the other, wishing you’d chosen a different path in life.

Anyway, I don't really know what everyone is moaning about. I've kind of changed my mind on this. Surely all the stuff you can see on street view you can see when you're walking down that particular street anyway. It's not really any different so why the big deal?

Anyway, I don't really know what everyone is moaning about. I've kind of changed my mind on this. Surely all the stuff you can see on street view you can see when you're walking down that particular street anyway. It's not really any different so why the big deal?

Agreed. I've heard people say 'oh but they can spy on you more easily from home'. How the f**k is anyone going to spy on you when they see the same picture of your house every time they look?