Jon Mack - Pallet Playtime

JonMack

Vimeo Link:- http://www.vimeo.com/3765549

Trials-Forum Video -> Full ViewDownloadUpload

Well, bearing in mind I rode lots in the summer and got no footage I decided I should start filming, so I went out for about an hour and a half today and got some footage which I've put into a little edit for all of you. It's nothing special, I was riding for myself really, to see where I need to improve, but decided to upload it anyway. It's about the 6th time I've been out on the bike this year so I don't think I'm doing too badly, definitely need to ride more to get better bike control again.

It's pretty repetitive, because I was mainly practising stuff to front (which has payed off, learnt them on Saturday on 4 pallets, and I successfully did 5 today for the first time everrrrr) but either way, I hope you like it, and try keep the comments positive please guys! Sorry about the dirty lens :P

Song is Bangarang - Silver Spoon

Jon

Edited by JonMack

Looks like a fun spot! I shall have to learn these up to front thingies, they look like fun.

That gap looked huge! Nice one mate. I want to see you bunny hopping 5 to back soon though. :lol:

Haha I dunno about that, wasn't very big really, need to push myself more I think, but yeah, up to back on 5 is the next step, Simps was telling me off for not being able to do it earlier :P

I thought the aspect ratio was screwed a bit at first, then I just realised how tall and skinny you are. :lol:

That looks like an amazing place to ride pallets, I love your up to front technique, its very frenchyish.

That big gap looked effortless as well.

=D

Hahaha yeahhh keep the abuse coming :P it's pretty fun there hopefully gonna keep the pallets coming and build some interesting stuff with any luck. Glad you like my frontie technique, still needs polishing I think!

you look all springy and bouncy, i like it :D

this video has made me want to go ride so much! im actually thinking about going and riding great notley on my jub, which is the shittest place to live/ride....ever...

Haha thanks Reece. Glad it inspired you to go out riding, I really enjoyed watching your vid with Tom by the way :D

So this is what you do whilst we are all at work!,

Went over there this eve with Ben for a hour or two.

I'll have to do another covert pallet run soon while i still got the van.

Nice vid mate.

Haha yeah well... gotta make the most of the nice weather! Why you getting rid of the van? Getting one big enough for all 3 of our bikes I hope :P I'm seriously thinking about going down there with a broom and getting rid of all that damn glass!

Mack, go round my house, get my mum to feed you lol.

Riding - (Y)

Haha my mum does a grand job of feeding me, it just doesn't do anything :( Glad you enjoyed the riding mate, sorry I couldn't make it to LDN (see above :( )

mint riding, my group of ridin buds are about the same level and my front moves are nowhere near as flicky!!

on another note, we just discovered a local area to make a similar set-up

was your 'customised pallets' much trouble to make? the angled one made of several bits looks well sturdy!!

oh, are the slanted palettes bound together at all? seemed really solid!

mint riding, my group of ridin buds are about the same level and my front moves are nowhere near as flicky!!

on another note, we just discovered a local area to make a similar set-up

was your 'customised pallets' much trouble to make? the angled one made of several bits looks well sturdy!!

oh, are the slanted palettes bound together at all? seemed really solid!

I've only been doing them a few days so hopefully they'll get better the more I do them.

Errm the stack I didn't make, just helped with it, but my mates just sawed a couple of pallets up, and put them in an upside down blue pallet, and then we nailed in some supports just so we can gap onto it. We had it higher too, it had an extra cut up pallet in vertically to offer more support.

The top 2 pallets on the slanted 4 stack are nailed together (badly :P ) to keep them together, but most of our stuff is just stacked, not nailed.

ah so this is the fabled spot that ben was telling me about, shall have to come and have a play after work some time. unless you or ben is free on sunday?

anyways back on track, some good riding there Jon, you doo look super springy! but as joe said eat more!

Haha yeah this is it. I'm not sure what's going on Sunday, Dan6061 wants to come down for a ride, and Ben and Rob will probably be up for it, so I'm gonna try come out if I can persuade my gf to see me in the evening instead I'll be out :P so we could well take a trip down there.

Just need to work that springyness into extra height I reckon :D

I see you had to drop a few pallets off what i was riding on saturday mate.... ;) D)

... you can almost see my house from a few angles as well!

Had to helicoil Ben's frame for him tonight, now he has a working back brake again.

I am keeping my eyes out at work for some bigger cable drums from work to add soon, and now i have mastered hopping up onto 3 pallets there is no stopping me!! .. and Rob and i watched the air ambulance land in the field by the pub the other day so i know i will be able to get quick service when i have a heart attack!!

sod the video... here we are in static shots :)Pallet images from last weekend.

Edited by r2wtrials

Was really good. Only criticism is this isn't the Jon mack I no there's no roof's and its outside...

Top work though mate ;)

Haha I was gonna get topless but I bottled it :P

I see you had to drop a few pallets off what i was riding on saturday mate.... ;) D)

... you can almost see my house from a few angles as well!

Had to helicoil Ben's frame for him tonight, now he has a working back brake again.

I am keeping my eyes out at work for some bigger cable drums from work to add soon, and now i have mastered hopping up onto 3 pallets there is no stopping me!! .. and Rob and i watched the air ambulance land in the field by the pub the other day so i know i will be able to get quick service when i have a heart attack!!

sod the video... here we are in static shots :)Pallet images from last weekend.

Yeah sorry mate had to take some off and go back to novice level ;) haha really I didn't realise you were that close!

Yeah Ben said you were gonna do it tonight, you do all 4 mounts or just the one?

I dunno where we'll get that kinda stuff from, and even if we do find them, god knows how we'll get them over there!! Glad to hear you're improving though mate, better slow down or you'll be catching Ben in no time!!

Loved the pics by the way, looks like you had a lot of fun!