Gcse's 2009.

Hannah Shucksmith

As all the current year 11's know, in May, our exams begin.

Thought I'd open a new topic in which all upcoming GCSE students can discuss subjects, exams and so on so forth.

I'm completely crapping myself in all honesty, and could really do with people to talk to about the next few months, and I'm sure some of you feel the same.

Discuss!

Edited by Hannah Shucksmith

You'll all do fine, they were really easy when I did mine three years ago, and they'll probably be even easier now.

When we did the mocks they gave us papers from 5/6 years before, which were far harder, so we'd all fail and work really hard. I did revise, nothing like as much as I should have done though, and I came out with 3 As, 5 Bs and 3 Cs.

Get revision guides and start working through them now, then in the week before the exams just keep leafing through them to keep it fresh, you'll do fine!

EDIT: It might be an idea to get your coursework done during the year though...

Edited by Muel

I worked pretty hard on my coursework and revising for my exams, and I did pretty well. Hannah knows I'm not the most academic person at all, but I got an A* in music, A in english, B's in science and citizenship and a C in maths. Just work, and you'll be fine!

[sarcasm]The coursework was "fun" to say the least if I remember correctly though[/sarcasm]. The maths one was some rubbish about a spreadsheet?

:)

Edited by Hendrix

im fecking nervous, i had a maths tutour be she decided to drop the extra maths (£25 = one hour of maths), right before my GCSE'S stupid b*cth!

£25 is ridiculous! I'm actually getting more and more scared as the days go by! I'm beginning to really feel the stress, I can't sleep properly, get constant headaches, stomachaches, heartburn, and I think it's all down to the pressure put on by GCSE's. I hate the way teachers constantly bang on about the amount of time you've got left, it's not making me feel more confident about passing, I'm feeling worse!

This is how life works (I'm doing ok so far using this system):

Put in enough effort to get the mimimum grades needed to get to the next level of education (anything over 5 C grades at GCSE is wasted effort). Spend the rest of the time doing stuff you enjoy.

£25 is ridiculous! I'm actually getting more and more scared as the days go by! I'm beginning to really feel the stress, I can't sleep properly, get constant headaches, stomachaches, heartburn, and I think it's all down to the pressure put on by GCSE's. I hate the way teachers constantly bang on about the amount of time you've got left, it's not making me feel more confident about passing, I'm feeling worse!

Not being funny but you talk about it as if you're the only person in the world to ever go through it. Just chill and deal with it, if you f**k it up then re-take at college, it's not life or death.

Jesus, how do people get so stressed about exams? Just get on and enjoy your life a little. You can only do as well as your going to, so just get on with it, worrying makes it no better atall. I had a tiny heart beat increase as i walked into my first exam, that was about it.

Damn right, Im well ard.

I don't care about exams.. just pisses me off when you sit there for an hour when you don't need to.. i finish mine in like half an hour and say if its like hour and half test i just end up sitting there playing with my balls for an hour.. sooooo boring.

I don't care about exams.. just pisses me off when you sit there for an hour when you don't need to.. i finish mine in like half an hour and say if its like hour and half test i just end up sitting there playing with my balls for an hour.. sooooo boring.

Cool, have fun in later life.