Travis Pastrana "199 Lives"

BONGO

I'm watching Travis Pastrana's film at the moment, A biography of him really. It's absolutely brilliant!

I doubt there will be anyone on here who doesn't know who he is. If you don't, have a quick google and download, borrow or buy this film "199 Lives". It's so motivating and inspirational. Top watch :thumbup:

He's a legend already. Bit of a strange quote by his dad. A great quote but a hard one to say i guess...

"I'm sure gonna miss him when he kills himself, but it's been a hell of a ride Travis!"

Get it and watch.

Bongo

He probably will end up killing himself to be fair. Like Steve Erwin, you put yourself in that much danger over and over again it's bound to happen sooner than later.

He and his dad both nearly died in the few episodes of nitrous circus I've seen.

He is a complete legend. I have a load of respect for Travis. Pushing the limits all the time. Some of the stuff he's done and his variation is just insane. He's broken sooo many bones in his body aswell and just keeps getting back up.

199 Lives is on youtube i do believe (thats where i watched it)

I was a little disappointed by it to be honest. I've seen (and own) all the Nitro Circus DVD's and most of the footage is lifted straight from there. I've also read most of the stories about him before so it offered nothing new. Having said that I look up to him so much for his outlook on life and everything he's achieved in such a short time. He really is incredible.

Watched it ages ago, and remember saying to my ex, it really did change my outlook on him, and to a certain extent, my own life. It shows you the other side with his depression, the whole matt biggot car crash thing and his guilt , his night terrors etc. stuff thats kind of all kept hush hush.

Just out of interest, has anyone heard of Shane McConkey? Basically he was a similar kind of nutter to Travis Pastrana (but mainly skiing/base jumping) but I didn't really know about him. Anyway, he died doing a ski --> squirrel suit base jump the other week and it's pretty big news here (Canada).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_McConkey

Just watched it again and I've got to say it's better than I remember! Think I wasn't paying full attention the first time I watched. He really is a remarkable guy and his family are pretty nuts too.

Love his dad's quote regarding religion:

"To me God is as real as Daffy Duck. In fact, people know what Daffy Duck looks like so maybe he's even more real..."

Quality.

• 2 weeks later...