New Tnn Pads

I guess that makes sense - but makes it an awefully expensive 1 shot pad ? If it is expected that other materials should refill it I dont see why selling the TNN stuff should be an issue ... ?

I should also point out Iam trialing a set of V pads - which are working out pretty sweet on my smooth rim.

Ad, do you know if they're a fairly standard size? Would Phatpads/Heatsink/Magura material fit with a bit of modification or is it a totally different size/shape?

different, but will fit with modification (not that you'll want to change;))

Hi guys

If you want some extra info on the pads and CRM compound history. check out http://tnnengineering.com/15701/index.html

Re fills are currently unavailable but the CRM compound is very long wearing. But if demand is big enough we may reconsider refills.

The reason why is. Our gluing technique is so strict.

The backing cavities are sand blasted for superior adhesion.

The pads are roughened on the glued faces.

Both are ultrasonic cleaned and glued together with a toughened super glue under large pressure 50kgs+ until totally dry.

Because of our strict gluing procedure we can guarantee the pads won't separate during riding. It's purely for safety reasons. I'm sure saving 10 pounds on a set of pads isn't worth a brake failure and possible serious injury.

Hi guys

If you want some extra info on the pads and CRM compound history. check out http://tnnengineering.com/15701/index.html

Re fills are currently unavailable but the CRM compound is very long wearing. But if demand is big enough we may reconsider refills.

Both are ultrasonic cleaned and glued together with a toughened super glue under large pressure 50kgs+ until totally dry.

Because of our strict gluing procedure we can guarantee the pads won't separate during riding. It's purely for safety reasons. I'm sure saving 10 pounds on a set of pads isn't worth a brake failure and possible serious injury.

Not been able to buy refills is going to greatly reduce the number of sales (as is shown by post in this thread). It's good to know that you got to great lengths to make sure the rubber stays in the pads, but people are capable of doing the job themselves.

(Y)

Hi guys

So if you consider refills, how do we go about seperating the material from the backings? It sounds like they are impossible to seperate by hand...

So if you consider refills, how do we go about seperating the material from the backings? It sounds like they are impossible to seperate by hand...

Boil them?

Hi guys

It's a constant problem for people with CNC backings, but when I did mine I did it in a very similar way. I filed the pads to roughen them, got Daddy to shotblast the backings then glued them in in the vice and they held.

I've never heard of someone trying to warrenty a set of pads because they came apart. If it does happen, just tell them how to glue them in properly.

These pads any good on an unground sidewall with or without tar?

Best brake I've ever had was the old compound CRMS on an un-ground D521 that had been muc off'd.. They were nuts.

You just gotta keep the surface free from dust, and it'll be really good.

are you off your rocker, lets face it the pads seem to be one of the best on the market acording to stan and ali. but no one is going to buy them and then buy them again afterwards, not at the price they will be. they will just buy heatsink or phatpads refills. well done youve got an amazing glueing way so you can guarrentie they won't come out and thats good to boast about but i think i speak for everyone that they know its down to them how well the refills stay in as there replacing them. theres no need for this health and safety bollocks no other company has any problems so why make a deal out of nothing. plus people who already have cnc backings are more likely to just get another refill from someone else instead of buying yours cnc pads.

Hi guys

These pads any good on an unground sidewall with or without tar?

cls ran the same compound for yonks.....its the old plazzy pads

im so glad i mentioned refills.

And yeah tnn guys....if you were to sell refills im pretty shure it would be everyones choice of pad for dry weather....(Y)

If they are good enough for stan they are good enough for you

You say that, but from my experience of pro riders very few of them have powerful brakes. They're mostly f**king weak. The better you ride, the less you need a brake with infinite hold.