Strongest Lightest Rim For A 24"

Simpson

Basically people say that the DMR's are among the best out there, and I've destroyed mine in 2 hours of doing a rolling gap so need some help.

(brought the DMR Rt's in the end) and can use my Maxxis DH tube to offer pinch protection.

Edited by Simpson

Go birdy style and cut the tred off ;)

Done that but its comprimised the sidewall rigidity so its all a bit crap. So intelligent answers only please.

Looking at the hookworm 2.5 for the rear weighing in at only 535g seems like half the weight of a big tyre but how will it hold up for harder street riding?

Done that but its comprimised the sidewall rigidity so its all a bit crap. So intelligent answers only please.

Looking at the hookworm 2.5 for the rear weighing in at only 535g seems like half the weight of a big tyre but how will it hold up for harder street riding?

I tried a hookworm years ago, it was heavy as feck(a shame, because it looks pretty cool)

new ones are lighter maybe?

To quote CRC...

"Acceleration and braking traction is accomplished via horizontally-aligned grooves with square edges. Cornering adhesion is a result of "U" shaped channels that run the full sidewall to sidewall of the tread pattern. The HookWorm was engineered to optimize the entire tread pattern as a potential contact patch, analogous to a motorcycle road racing tyre. This allows traction in all high-lean situations.

• Curved grooved slick design

• High rated pressure 65 PSI

• Rim to rim tread-protected sidewalls

• Tire Size - 24” x 2.5”

• TPI - 60

• Max PSI - 65

• Weight - 535g"

That weight is more than likely wrong. It's probably more like 1535 grams. Especially for 2.5".

What about a DMR Moto? They roll real well, also come in foldable, but are pretty hard to get hold of (in foldable).

I'm still running DMR Moto RT's and I imagine if you pump them up to 60psi or whatever they'd be perfect for park but wouldn't screw you up if you actually wanted to ride some more normal street too.

Really awsome I was going to get them anyway, at £17 each they seem like a bargin and real low weight too, you running a 2.2 on the front and a 2.4 on the rear? thats what im thinking i will go for.

Edit CRC

"• Widths: 2.2" or 2.4"

• Weight: 720g (2.2"), 760g (2.4") "

Edited by Simpson

I have some DMR moto tires (front and back) and im running them around 40-45 psi and they ran fine at a street park. They felt a little funny when dropping in, but otherwise i'd say their perfect.

Edited by Spektrum

Or this one that ive pointed out twice already,

Wich realy do behave well at normal pressures, ie dont pinch easliy.(and are fecking light)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24638

605 grams

the have a high volume and the sidewalls dont squirm.

or they do a superlight one for 32 quids.

went back to a moto at one stage and hated it compared to this tyre.

:)

Edited by Christophe'