Oh Come On............

Andy King

Why would it now? Just because you dont like the validation system we should change it?

I'm not asking you to change it because I don't like it, I'm trying to propose a system that I feel would work better, save time and be fairer to everyone rather than some people getting validated because of their name and others waiting years. The whole "if you don't like it then go elsewhere" philosophy isn't really very welcoming to new members and i'd guess it also puts off a lot of people from joining the forum or suggesting new ideas.

At the end of the day, my post wasn't personally aimed at you or anyone in particular, i just think people should be more grateful and appreciate what they have got opposed to bitching, however hard it is to believe, the mods/admin do in fact have lives OUTSIDE Tf

Apologies if your previous post wasn't aimed at me, I thought it was. I'll also say that people trying to gain access to TF have lives outside too and it seems you'd have very little chance of catching a mod to validate you if you only get the odd night after work free or the mornings before work to post anything.

So that meens post pointless shit, to try get validated?

No, the replies would have to be helpful, insightfull and have good spelling and grammer. The flagging limit would just be to alert a mod to check your posts to see if you would be a valid member of the forum. If you've just posted 25 "yes/no" replies or been giving people abuse then the limit could be reset and that member would have to prove his worth to forum in his next 25 posts.

I'm n my living room if it makes a blind bit of difference. You know jack shit about me, my life, my character and what I'm about but you still chose to lower your argument to personal insults and direct attacks on me as a person, which Like Jarod said is a shame as your argument just lost all its credibility.

I might be 17, but your the one making you self look a cock.

Jesus calm down mate! No-one insulted you, just pointed out why the validation system is neccesary and you went off on one!

The forum is brilliant, it makes trials better, not worse. And no-ones bitching, if anything everyone holds back on here! Most forums I go on end up in argument way more often than this one.

Calm down a bit, stop insulting people and you'll be validated in no time. (Y)

God just everyone calm down, your argueing about an ebay link.

The rules are great these guys put alot of effort into this forum they do have a life aswell . Its great you ask any member/ new member, Theres plenty for new members to do and its not fair to brake the rules for certain people. Just calm down, you've made a huge deal over nothing. Especially making this topic and everyone else stop arguing if any-other new member see's this they'll be put off the forum!

Good old keyboard warriors! Some tit sat in his bedroom in his mums house, and is a complete fooking know-all!

MODS: Please delete my Membership entirely (if you can spare the time? although your "lives" seem to involve is sitting on here all day!)

I remember the days when people actually RODE trials, not just bitched about it in shitty forums?!?! Maybe thats why I quit.

Thanks for allowing me to leave on a complete LOW. Wankers.

Sorry but you just sound like you pussied out cos you didn't get validated. How the f**k does people bitching on forums make you quit riding? Ever thought about NOT coming here if you don't like it? You don't have to be on a forum to ride. I know there are people out there who rides that are not on the forum, why can't you do that instead of bitching some more on here about not getting validated?

Since when's that got to do with anytihng?! I got validated in less than that. Post count has nothing to do with it.

If, over 2-3 years, you've done 17 posts, then there's less chance of being spotted, isn't there? Oh, and Andy - bearing in mind some of the few posts you'd done were gems like:

whos got a ten foot barge pole?!! :lol::D:lol:

and

i would have done, if ;

a: it didnt sound dodgy as anything!

b: you wasnt a dirty b*****d and cleaned your desk!! :sick::sick::sick:

c: you wasnt choosing such a rubbish tarts phone!

sorry dude!! :lol:

It's not incredibly surprising that you didn't get validated? It generally helps if you show you're able to contribute to the forum to some extent, so when your limited amount of posts are shit like that spread out over a long period of time, what do you think that really suggests to someone reading them?

Very well said, as far as I am aware, the mods go onto NMC every now and again, look at the bottom where you can see all the ornage names and pick them out randomly, check their posts and validate if they see fit.

What? How do you even come up with half of these ideas?! There's a specific part of the forum that mods and admin can go through:

post-91-1251500278_thumb.jpg

Good old keyboard warriors! Some tit sat in his bedroom in his mums house, and is a complete fooking know-all!

MODS: Please delete my Membership entirely (if you can spare the time? although your "lives" seem to involve is sitting on here all day!)

I remember the days when people actually RODE trials, not just bitched about it in shitty forums?!?! Maybe thats why I quit.

Nice healthy dose of irony in that opening bit. Calling people out for being 'keyboard warriors', then calling someone a 'tit', being a 'complete fooking know-all'? How could you even get to the end of that sentence without thinking "Hold on a bit, maybe I'm being a bit hypocritical?" Especially when you added the sweet 'wankers' at the end. If you 'quit' because of people bitching about stuff on a messageboard, you're a complete idiot for giving that much of a shit about what other people do with their time.

Moderators can't delete memberships, but we can just remove your posting rights if you want? Oh, and I've only come on here for a minute 'cos I had a PM. This pesky 'life' getting in the way of things...

What? How do you even come up with half of these ideas?! There's a specific part of the forum that mods and admin can go through:

post-91-1251500278_thumb.jpg

Like i said, as far I was aware, i guess i'm not very aware. I read a post from a mod once saying how he just went to the bottom of the forum and looked for people with orange names, I guess that was a long time ago before the 'validation station'.

Since when's that got to do with anytihng?! I got validated in less than that. Post count has nothing to do with it.

Since the validation station was based on last active member first by default. If you'd have quoted or maybe even read the whole sentence then you'd have realised my point.

Well, having registered only about two weeks ago this might sound a bit strange, but i love the validation system here.

The reason is simply that me and a friend used to run a forum a while back (not trials related) and i wish we had a system like this. We basicly just had the ordinary email confirmation system and it was crap. I was the one who built the whole thing so one could say i should have thought of it but alas, my imagination would seem to have failed me at that point in time. Anyhow, we spent half our time kicking users out due to spam, behaviour and other stuff. In the end it just drained all the fun out of it. So yeah, a system where users actually have to prove they should be let out into the general population is sweet in comparison to having to clean up after letting anybody in.

I can see how the process might seem unfair or unbalanced to users, but from a administrative viewpoint it is genius. And as long as moderators do their part i can't think of a single system that would work better. Sure, if this validation station is sorted by last active member only then other sorting options or maybe even a notification after a specific period of time/number of posts would be a good idéa, so that nobody slips through the cracks so to speak, but that would just be adding functionality to a system that's already working and not actually changing anything. Making things easier perhaps, but not changing anything.

The last thing i can say is that i got validated doing nothing more than beeing here and thinking before i post, so it can't be that hard if one really want's to get validated.

good , bye now , you wont be missed at all . good to see the mods are doing there jobs and keeping twats like you away from the full members section ... well done mods !!

Sure, if this validation station is sorted by last active member only then other sorting options or maybe even a notification after a specific period of time/number of posts would be a good idéa,

It's not just from last active member, by the way...

post-91-1251585489.jpg

Then i would say a suitable conclusion would be "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". ;)

I agree with that. The validation system does a good job at keeping the rest of the forum tidy.

I'm on a Corsa forum with no validation system and most of the forum is full of spam, and the mods are forever deleting post/closing threads and banning members.

Callum

i can see the point of the validation system and its a good idea... but i can also see a few flaws too (sorry guys)

new members are only allowed to access the new members section (NMC) thats cool, lets everyone (sort of) get to know you before you get upgraded... yay

but it denys you to be able to PM anyone (including mods) this could be a problem... and i'll tell you why

recently had a few probs with a member (and its not sorted yet....) but its ment that i cant tell any mods about this.... i just need a mod to keep an eye out for this person, who might be genuine but also could be scamming me.. but alas due to the limitations of the validation system i cant

(all i can do is add a mod on msn and pray that he accepts, my addy is a little dubious but its definatly me)

so if any mods do read this, add me on MSN on i_hate_hackers_end_of@hotmail.co.uk so i can at least explain the situation...

Cheers

Ash

i can see the point of the validation system and its a good idea... but i can also see a few flaws too (sorry guys)

new members are only allowed to access the new members section (NMC) thats cool, lets everyone (sort of) get to know you before you get upgraded... yay

but it denys you to be able to PM anyone (including mods) this could be a problem... and i'll tell you why

recently had a few probs with a member (and its not sorted yet....) but its ment that i cant tell any mods about this.... i just need a mod to keep an eye out for this person, who might be genuine but also could be scamming me.. but alas due to the limitations of the validation system i cant

(all i can do is add a mod on msn and pray that he accepts, my addy is a little dubious but its definatly me)

so if any mods do read this, add me on MSN on i_hate_hackers_end_of@hotmail.co.uk so i can at least explain the situation...

Cheers

Ash

If they don't accept there is a contact button at the top right hand corner of your screen. :)

The "No FS/WTD in NMC" thing works both ways...

I see your point and totally understand, but on the other hand, the guy is a member and supposed to be legit...

If he's a member (not a pre member) and you're have problems with him, post up in chit-chat. (Y)