Youtube Vs Vimeo?

Peter Green

The Poll  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one:

• YouTube
    • Vimeo

Well Vimeo is higher quality, but it takes longer to buffer, videos take longer to upload, and there isn't as many videos as there are on Youtube.

Youtube loads fast, and theres all the related videos aswell, but the really annoything thing about Youtube is that it takes away the audio from some vids. I find Youtube alot easier to use and find videos and stuff.

So overall, I voted for Youtube.

I prefer Vimeo, it's more of a "producers" place than Youtube, where users actually appreciate that they can easily find interesting and good quality stuff. Youtube is full of shit, re-uploaded vids by people for no apparent reason, stupid comments and stupid people.

I'm not happy with Vimeo only being as good as Youtube on the upload front when you pay for the plus account, but in other aspects it's way better.

YouTube is where the internet's stupid people live.

That said, Vimeo is good if you know what exact video you're off to look at, YouTube is much better for wasting time and discovering new content.

Still prefer Vimeo though—better quality, better design etc.

Needs to be a both.

I like youtube for:

finding music quickly

The subscriptions

Quick uploads

Quick loading.

Vimeo for:

Quality

Doesn't remove audio

No stupid fuc*s that comment for no reason

Can download files.

^ This.

But YouTube also loads quicker and is in general easier to use.

Needs to be a both.

I like youtube for:

finding music quickly

The subscriptions

Quick uploads

Quick loading.

Vimeo for:

Quality

Doesn't remove audio

Can download files.

^ This.

But YouTube also loads quicker and is in general easier to use.

:P

Vimeo is used by people showcasing more professional work, im not saying youtube is not. i use vimeo as a portfolio

because it looks better and i like linking to vimeo as it generally feels more pro, maybe because youtube has a reputation for having a

lot of shite on it.

but yeee.

Vimeo is great apart from the skipping, hanging and juddering in playing videos even when the graphics say the buffering is complete... Only one of the three computers I use can play Vimeo reliably. All of them are fine with youtube. Playing Youtube videos on opera mini on my phone doesn't seem to work anymore though :(...

Here's the only good thing the guitar hero franchise ever spawned I'm pretty sure and an example of the sort of gems that form a vanishingly small percentage of the videos on youtube:

I go for youtube in the end.

Because, as said, it is easy to browse around, good for finding music ands stuff like that.

But I HATE all the stupid Genre wars, arguments over nothing, v-logging and the stupid videos from people that play call of duty modern warfare that are lists of there "top 10 guns of all time" and get 90% of the facts wrong. AAAAARRRGGGH.

Ive never understood vimeo.

Vimeo is great apart from the skipping, hanging and juddering in playing videos even when the graphics say the buffering is complete... Only one of the three computers I use can play Vimeo reliably. All of them are fine with youtube.

It's funny how I can say the exact opposite. Youtube takes ages to load for me, I can rarely just stream vids without having to buffer for a few minutes beforehand. Sometimes 2 minute vids take 10 mins to load. Vimeo is always quick and HD playback works smooth. Youtube HD playback is too much for my pc.

Needs to be a both.

I like youtube for:

finding music quickly

The subscriptions

Quick uploads

Quick loading.

Vimeo for:

Quality

Doesn't remove audio

Can download files.

Ditto (Y) vimeo seems to load alot quicker in HD for me so thats and plus but also like youtube cause its easy to find everything.