Call Of Duty: Modern Warefare 2

Boswell

No bothering this time. No dedicated servers for the PC so that means cheaters galore as you cant kick etc. Absolute wank, infinity ward buggered it this time. Some people got their PC versions sent a week early, but infinity ward wouldnt let the serials work until the release date. Useless.

I'm not going to even bother buying this tripe, might not even waste my bandwidth on a "yarrrr" copy.

Operation flashpoint 2 took the same crap route of no dedi servers, what a load of crap. Clans are built around dedi servers not match making.

Sigh.....

My copy came literally flying through the letterbox about 5pm yesterday from a guy in a white van, how nice.

I'm quite surprised at the number of people talking about single player. The game got it respect and huge anticipation from it's multi-player.

First thoughts are pretty wow. The graphics are sharper than before, and few other features catch your eye too. There's allot of bonus points come shooting up on the screen, but i think this could irritating. The game chat only thing, time will only tell if this is a bonus yet. I think COD4 could very well out live MW2 due to it's simplicity. MW2 has allot of good ideas, but many reminded me of others games pretty much instantly. But, they did put it together right, which allot of games fail to do when they copy other games.

Overall despite being a pretty fast paced shooter, it still feels kinda strategic and too in-depth. But time will tell, and once we know the maps, this will make a big impact on the styles of player.

My copy came literally flying through the letterbox about 5pm yesterday from a guy in a white van, how nice.

I'm quite surprised at the number of people talking about single player. The game got it respect and huge anticipation from it's multi-player.

First thoughts are pretty wow. The graphics are sharper than before, and few other features catch your eye too. There's allot of bonus points come shooting up on the screen, but i think this could irritating. The game chat only thing, time will only tell if this is a bonus yet. I think COD4 could very well out live MW2 due to it's simplicity. MW2 has allot of good ideas, but many reminded me of others games pretty much instantly. But, they did put it together right, which allot of games fail to do when they copy other games.

Overall despite being a pretty fast paced shooter, it still feels kinda strategic and too in-depth. But time will tell, and once we know the maps, this will make a big impact on the styles of player.

Well i think most people generally go like this...

"ooh, a new game, lets try single player."

"oh i'm bored/done, multiplayer time."

"resume single player in a bit"

Thats very much how i work. I find it rather bizarre that there's people online even still who are ranked almost to the highest point possible on halo yet when you look in their single player records they've not even completed the game once. What's the point in buying a game and not exploring all it's features?

I read that they aint chaining the rules on the party chat as people cheat ect... :S

But they have on mercenary TDM [ which sucks as u cant have partys ]

Can on free for all and ground war i think but why on TDM and HTDM.

I can see the point in like SND and HSND but there is no tactical play in TDM and HTDM .

Just got fresh copy of windows 7 and MW2 on my PC it so fooking good.

Not played much started single player on hard

Played the first two special ops such a good idea love it.

Not tried multilayer yet.

ANY OTHER PC GAMERS ON HERE ADD ME TOO STEAM

Tom182 I think if that don't work send me your thanks.

Yeah i do like the special ops sections of the game. Adds quite a bit more in terms of longevity.

With regards to a clan, t-f clan something up?

Is it worth creating a pseudo clan? It works by creating a gamertag for the clan, then adding everyone as a friend and making the friends list public- that way you can add everyone without having to type it in manually.

Yeah i think that's normally the way, just COD4 for many was made good because of multi-player. Hence people jumping straight into multi-player.

I didn't think single player on COD4 was overly great. Enjoyable, but not amazing. So i know i'm lightly to not go down that route for a while with this.

And that'll be me, just not ranked up much. I never got into Halo 3, i'm a Halo 2 guy.

With regards to a clan, t-f clan something up?

Sounds good. But haven't discovered that feature yet.

Sorry i didn't join you last night. Wouldn't have this problem if party chat was enabled. Though this was how the OG Xbox games worked.

online isnt connecting for me!?

anyone else have the same problem?

says:

fetching playlists...

uploading ranks and unlocks...

connecting to matchmaking server complete.

i know its loading but it been like that for the last 30 mins.

ive tried rebooting both the game and console

Edited by Rob Brodie