Pedals, My Shins Hurt

Happydaze

hi

Being a newbie and christmas fast approaching, I need some help.

I have no shins left, my feet keep coming off the pedals, they are the standard ones fitted to a onza t bird (2005ish) I dont know if its because of my footwear (nike shoxs) or my pedals being bad, obviously my riding skills have something to do with it, Shin pads are on there way to me but gut feeling is pedals, Advice please.

Thanks in advance

AL

hi

Being a newbie and christmas fast approaching, I need some help.

I have no shins left, my feet keep coming off the pedals, they are the standard ones fitted to a onza t bird (2005ish) I dont know if its because of my footwear (nike shoxs) or my pedals being bad, obviously my riding skills have something to do with it, Shin pads are on there way to me but gut feeling is pedals, Advice please.

Thanks in advance

AL

get some better griped shoes! like vans! my vans la cripta dos grip pedals soo good! theyare literally the only shoes i wear

My onza caged pedals are absulutly amazing, hardly ever slip but when you do it bloody hurts.

to be honest they're worth the money, when they're worn down they're easier to replace the cages etc and i've never had them come loose on me either

Edited by Mikey-uk

I would recommend DMR V8s. I've used them on my mountain bike for years. They take a lot of abuse and in my experience offer more grip than cages. You still get shin digs, but they tend to focus all the force into a smaller area, so you end up with lots of small holes in your shins rather than scrapes.

I have a pair of the Wellgo copies on my trials bike at the moment and the pins are standing up well to getting scraped across walls, though as someone said earlier it's probably wise to loctite the pins in.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=563

I wouldnt advise cadged pedals, all mine have come loose from riding and by the time you notice its too late and pulled the threads.

Get some Dmr V8s, or V12s if you want to strech that far. They should last you years.

I agree.

My Onza VP Caged pedals were terrible. They came loose, then the outside bits snapped off all within about a month of buying them.

Platform pedals and definitely the best!

I would recommend DMR V8s. I've used them on my mountain bike for years. They take a lot of abuse and in my experience offer more grip than cages. You still get shin digs, but they tend to focus all the force into a smaller area, so you end up with lots of small holes in your shins rather than scrapes.

I have a pair of the Wellgo copies on my trials bike at the moment and the pins are standing up well to getting scraped across walls, though as someone said earlier it's probably wise to loctite the pins in.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=563

My dad thinks i should get some of these i wasnt too shure though because they weigh about 575grams, do they ride well for trials ?

i have also been looking at pedals recently. I was stuck between the DMR V8's and the Trialtech Race's. With the Trialtech's being much lighter but the DMR's looking quite nice (especially in red to go with t'bike because im sad like that) what would you do?

go with the lighter ones if i were you.

Laurence.

EDIT: dose anyone know how much standard onza pedals weigh ?

Edited by Laurence--Trials

Get these,

http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?produc...category_id=149

they are cheap, and your feet never slip off of them.

they are good if you do not want to spend abuot £25.

These are only £13

I agree. I purchased a set of these about three years ago and they're are still going and i haven't had to tighten them once. Super grippy and lightweight.

As for magnesium pedals they're o.k. if you can afford to keep buying new ones every six months or so. If you really want platform pedals the only viable option is the V8s because they're cheap(ish) durable and easy to maintain if you lose a pin or need to grease the bearings.