Games Console

Duncy H

I couldn't find much on the subject, but anyway I have some money from christmas and was considering an xbox or ps3.

Have you seen any good deals around? any sales?

I have about £120 for a lot but don't really want to spend any more. So looks like it will have to be an xbox at that price.

Any info please.

Well my budget tells me to get an xbox. Plus I can't really do online cause my internet connection isn't the fastest in the land.

I seem to be finding some of them for about £80-£100. Thing is does the core ones come with a bit of memory for saving games?

Going to be getting forza I think :)

Xbox 360 for sure. My parents got me, an xbox 360 elite, with 4 games (Fifa 10, forza motorsport 3, halo odst and gears of war 2), one controller, headset and all that jaz. Brand new from Gamestation for £200.

Its perfect. PS3 doesnt even come close to the xbox.

Xbox 360 for sure. My parents got me, an xbox 360 elite, with 4 games (Fifa 10, forza motorsport 3, halo odst and gears of war 2), one controller, headset and all that jaz. Brand new from Gamestation for £200.

Jeez that sounds like a good deal. I'll check up on them.

Well my budget tells me to get an xbox. Plus I can't really do online cause my internet connection isn't the fastest in the land.

I seem to be finding some of them for about £80-£100. Thing is does the core ones come with a bit of memory for saving games?

Going to be getting forza I think :)

Core is literally just the core. No memory, no wireless, nothing.

I bought both, then i bought a PC on top. Not at all at once mind. PS3 is a great bit of kit, it's a nice mix all-round. Does some sweet stuff which the Xbox heavily lacks on. The Xbox is good for Xbox Live, that's it. The Xbox is worthless offline when compared to the PS3.

But if you've got a heavily armed PC, simply nothing can compare. Unless you can't use a PC, in which case you need a console.

But for £100, honestly you shouldn't expect a nice console and some games. If you ain't running a sweet TV either, then get a PS2 Slimline. Anyone who talks shit on the previous Playstations never experienced them from day one. It's almost the smallest console available, which plays DVDs super quietly also. <-- that's a reason alone to hate the 360.

And the Elite console suffers from RROD supposedly as much. The amount of reviews on Play speak for themselves. Just don't stick the 360 in a corner under some clothes, it needs air!

Alternately get a N64 for some kickass shooters and save £60/£70/£80.

Thanks for the help, so now I know to avoid the core. I'd get a ps3 if I had the dosh.

Currently have a nice samsung tv which is ideal for gaming and crucially hd.

Also not bothered about having a lot of games at the moment, would be happy with just the one. (forza 3, possibly cod later)

I want some links to sweet deals too as well as your good help though!!!

HDMI cable on Play for less than a fiver....

That's the best your get out of me.

I would be careful when buying second consoles now, they're just so techy now. I remember being able to drag them along the floor via the controller without worry, haha.

Get a warranty, or extended one if you can...

Wow, didn't realise they did wireless controller and internal memory with the new cores. Not too bad, but your need batteries! Hunt down a Play & Charge kit cheap or see if they'll throw one in. Chances are if you go in they'll go a deal.

To be honest that deal is pretty good. Wait for the January sales, literally only a few days! ...before you make up your mind.

There's this which is the same (if they were out of stock)

I couldn't find much on the subject, but anyway I have some money from christmas and was considering an xbox or ps3.

Have you seen any good deals around? any sales?

I have about £120 for a lot but don't really want to spend any more. So looks like it will have to be an xbox at that price.

Any info please.

NES, atari 2600, N63... one of those

You got a headset from game?

Haha, if you get me :P.

One very handy thing to get for your console from game station is the 2 year warranty from them, When your console breaks or decides not to work, take it back and a new one for free, and then i do this, you can charge people you know like 30 to get there xbox fixed in a day no questions asked.

Edited by TROYston