£100 On A Headset

joshlyd1

Hi everyone ,

I have around 100 pounds to spend on a headset for my piranha but i cant decide which one to have , i am buying from tarty but there are alot of different makes etc

please could you guide me to a light , long lasting , strong , reliable headset

which headset's have you used which you can give 10/10 for etc opinios ???

thanks

Hi everyone ,

I have around 100 pounds to spend on a headset for my piranha but i cant decide which one to have , i am buying from tarty but there are alot of different makes etc

please could you guide me to a light , long lasting , strong , reliable headset

which headset's have you used which you can give 10/10 for etc opinios ???

thanks

for that money hope 07 or chris king

Probably not necessary to spend so much, but if you must buy or want a king try this link - http://www.aspirevelotech.com/Merchant2/me...CFdYB4wodumJvew they also accept paypal

The site also has an ebay store (AspireVeloTech) which would give you more buyer protection if buying through pay pal, an example of an ebay sale would be the steel Chris king headset for about £100 but a note is that this one is double length of a normal headset for extra straight but won't fit a frame that dose not have a fully milled out head tube.

They accept paypal, but do yourself a favour and spend a bit more on insurance for shipping. If you need to work out the exchange rate to see what you need to pay and have pay pal account go to your pay pal account and click send money, put in the amount in $ and it should work out it out in £ for you, as far I know the amount it works out should include pay pals exchange fee's although don't quote me on that.

Having said all that, I use hope headsets on a couple of my bikes and I quite like them. although I have seen a cup crack on a guy who dirt jumps with a big heavy beast of hard tail (brooklyn machine works) but It didn't put me off hopes I seen the abuse the guy had put it through landing on the flat after the transition of the jumps time and time again!

Is it the first headset to go into the frame? whether it is or not check out this thread I found, I thought it was quite informative http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....showtopic=96527

Edited by japslap

never had an issue with the £8 Cane Creek one on Tarty.

Got a Pig Pro DH now, which is excellent - but I didn't get it 'ause the £8 one packed up - came with a new frame.

Get a mid-range, decent one, and save the extra for sommat swanky later on.

Just save the dollar.....£100 can buy you most individual components for your bike :S

Love me tensile ace though; only changed from an echo cnc because it came in a bike though :)

If you're dead set on spending that dolla, id get a king without hesitation.

I had a king headset once...never had one again...nuff said!

I have a hope in one of my bikes now, its OK I guess, a cheaper FSA one works just as well, weighs about the same and is a lot cheaper! Also the Echo SL headset is a pretty good bit of kit!

Seriously Josh, just get an FSA Equipe, they're sexy lookin, light, insanely strong and smooth and cost like £25. I've had several now (through buying and selling bikes not through them failing), none of them have ever missed a beat.