Best Bike Of The 00s.

Ollie Histon

An opportunity to look back over the past ten years of trials and celebrate the great advances in bikes, the memorable moments that you were amazed by, give riders some acknowledgment for their hard work and commitment to the sport over the years.

People who have been riding for a long time get the chance to be nostalgic and the new generation get the chance to learn the history of the sport they're getting into.

:lol:.........and that f**kin told him.

Deffinatly agree with the zebdi i had one 6 years ago and loved it...started riding again recently and bought a mint zebdi frame too get back into it and still an awesome riding frame! strength never a strong point though...the crash replacement was very good to have! even though they lost so much money! The levelboss has to be the furthest yardstick as far as the long bikes are concerned. Also leeson for allowing you to build virtually any geo you wanted!

'02 Levelboss for mod and stock, both categories - can still remember being blown away by them and the Koxx team at the Bike Show. Changed everything! First 'proper' seatless bikes that really took off and lasted well. First to really push the boat out with geometry too - it's funny how 1065 used to seem so massive but now it's almost streety/spinny geo. That Levelboss frame didn't change 'til about 2005, and it was a solid frame. It's what created everything that everyone else has stated is 'frame of the decade' for them in both categories (apart from the Zebdi, but to be fair they were pretty snap happy and were fairly street focussed).

'02 Levelboss for mod and stock, both categories - can still remember being blown away by them and the Koxx team at the Bike Show. Changed everything! First 'proper' seatless bikes that really took off and lasted well. First to really push the boat out with geometry too - it's funny how 1065 used to seem so massive but now it's almost streety/spinny geo. That Levelboss frame didn't change 'til about 2005, and it was a solid frame. It's what created everything that everyone else has stated is 'frame of the decade' for them in both categories (apart from the Zebdi, but to be fair they were pretty snap happy and were fairly street focussed).

true.

Although the original justice broke the traditional bike shape - which led to the cousts --> zoos --> etc etc ... All I can remember is wanting that BAD. oh and a special mention for the MHz - pretty much the first trials specific frame available in shops to geeks like me (who couldnt afford it ...)

Well i can only comment on the mod side of things here, and looking at previous posts, the t-pro is doing very well! I recently rode one with my build and loved it, awsome frame. However i have also recently rode an echo team 09 best bike i think i have ever rode, both frames for TGS and COMP are amazing!

t-pro and echo team 2009 !!!!!!!!!

i would nominate:

26 - Levelboss - changed trials frame designs, Zebdi - set the UK trials scene back in the day, Giant hawyes replica (some people still like this frame and love it - because of a really well balanced geometry for street and natural)

20 - i would say the monty 221pr's/ti's, again - balanced for street and natural. but no doubt one of the most popular and still one of the nicest looking mods.

i hope no one disagree with me :P

think it makes more sense for this thread to be Frame of the Year, that's a little easier.

steve

Not 100% on the others, but;

20" 'TGS'- Zoo! Python

Especially the 2005 one. Iconic. Synonymous with "TGS stlye". It was the first really long mod, at 1045 (on paper) and majority measuring out at 1060mm with a whopping 375mm stays. Also the first production mod frame that featured a bash-less design with a CNC'd yoke on the driveside.

Shame it's dead now.

26" comp: kortz

street: slate or pure

20" comp: MANUS!

street: Thats tuff, uuuumm Probably aurem3/maladie or skull

As you can tell i just hate rockmans lol

Wow, someone bums Rockman way too much!!

As said before its got to be the original Levelbosses. First seatless frames and had great geo.