New Marino Zero - Final Final! Check Last Post

LEON

Came today from peru, with a rather nice N dubz style hat.

Orange zero geometry but with proper chainstays/tyre clearance

Quality seems even better than last time, rear end is perfectly aligned, apparently he has the appropriate equipment now.

My only moan is drop outs are still too thin, with a hope skewer you'll use all the thread and then some resulting in about an inch sticking out on the mech side (3rd pic) changed it to a shimano xt now and it's much better, I don't rate hope skewers at all, plus the offset lever on a shimano is perfect for the dropouts marino uses.

69 deg h/a, v bosses, 1030 wb, perfection :) Custom stickers on the way....

Edited by LEON

If you've never ridden an orange zero you won't understand lol. It is a really short reach but I don't care how it feels for hoppy stuff, I'm a street rider so it's all for effortless bunnyhops/manuals etc.

Haven't owned a zero in 4-5 years and missed the feel so much, the closest I could get was 1 norco and a load of carefully set up zebdi's. Most people would hate the feel of this bike, but I hate the feel of most bikes :)

Leon

The slack head angle's exactly what I wanted and the reason I don't like modern frames, rear tyre is a 2.35 believe it or not, big risers like that feel horrible, 2" is what I've used for 12 years and it's perfect.

The bike's already a winner :)

I won't be fit to ride for about 2 weeks yet, final stages though, just waiting for the scab to fall off my back (Y) I'll let you know when it does.

Edited by LEON

I won't be fit to ride for about 2 weeks yet, final stages though, just waiting for the scab to fall off my back (Y) I'll let you know when it does.

Well i'll have my bike in just under 2 weeks, so will give me some time to get used to this shit again.

Just realised i haven't actually met you before, yet you live so close :o

Yea I refuse to ride til it feels perfect lol, and I think I'm even tempted to put the old double wall/shorty combo on :) Sadly I think once again the lite guys are gonna feel the best, shame as they're just too weak lol.

Yea I haven't been out riding properly for nearly 18 months but I should be out in 2-3 weeks max now! Can't f**king wait!

Yea I refuse to ride til it feels perfect lol, and I think I'm even tempted to put the old double wall/shorty combo on :) Sadly I think once again the lite guys are gonna feel the best, shame as they're just too weak lol.

Yea I haven't been out riding properly for nearly 18 months but I should be out in 2-3 weeks max now! Can't f**king wait!

Well be good to see you back riding. All i've heard is your a beast so yeah..

aha

Plus hardly anyone riding around our area now so good to meet someone else to ride with now and then.

And i only started riding about 18 months ago, but then quit after a year. now i want in again.

Lol, Well I'll be shit for a couple of weeks at least, plus I don't do wet :) All the young kids are either tgs or quit at the mo, there's only really me, gay dave & Nick foster that are my age.

And no bottle?

And im a youngen that is a tgs'er :P

aha

But i'll ride anything, or attempt to at the least.

EDIT: and lanky rick.

Edited by bigamac

Forgot about no bottle actually, he's probably been the most active one! Not seen rick in a while.

People usually hate riding my fave places, skate park, big stairs, big drops etc. I can't sit at one wall with a tape measure for an hour lol.

Edited by LEON

Forgot about no bottle actually, he's probably been the most active one! Not seen rick in a while.

People usually hate riding my fave places, skate park, big stairs, big drops etc. I can't sit at one wall with a tape measure for an hour lol.

I'm happy with skate parks, depending which ones.

I'm quite happy where ever i go.

Need to sort out and find who still rides (: