Why Arnt There Any Good Topic'S In The Newbie Section?

aidanb93

hi

Ok then to start off with i'm not bothered about being a newbie but i am beginning to get really annoyed at the fact every time i come on to this site the only things there are to talk about are people ask how to hop on the back wheel and peddle up advice and i'm sorry but i'm not having a go but i manage to learn all this stuff on my own. And i really don't no why people want advice on how to do it that's not going to help if you want to learn the watch a video you will find it so much easier believe me.

Also we are not all newbie's in this section so there's no reason why we can't have topic like in the full members forum. :S

I'm sorry to have a right rant but i feel it had to be said. <_<

my apology's aidan

It's the nature of New Members chat, generally people who are in New Members aren't posting to the standard TF expects (unless they're a New Member who'll soon be validated because they are posting to good standards). There's not much you can do about it really, you could go into these topics and offer your advice and get votes to be validated or you can bitch about them in a topic you made and not get any votes because of it. Or you could create an interesting / 'good' topic yourself?

i really am not bothered about being a new member at all its just the fact of people asking stupid questions that don't make any difference. And when i first registered on here sometime after Xmas i think i made about ten good topics and didn't get validated so i have given up and don't really care any more but because i am a new member i want there to be some good topics to talk about not just people asking what knobbles to cut off there tyre's and stuff like that. <_<

i really am not bothered about being a new member at all its just the fact of people asking stupid questions that don't make any difference.

So people asking questions (on a trials forum) about how to backhop properly and how to get up higher objects (on a trials bike) don't make any difference? I think those are the sorts of questions that realy are helpful, particularly to people who are relatively new to the sport.

• Like 1

when i first registered on here sometime after Xmas i think i made about ten good topics and didn't get validated so i have given up and don't really care any more but because i am a new member i want there to be some good topics to talk about not just people asking what knobbles to cut off there tyre's and stuff like that

129139275292394030.jpg

• Like 2

i really am not bothered about being a new member at all its just the fact of people asking stupid questions that don't make any difference. And when i first registered on here sometime after Xmas i think i made about ten good topics and didn't get validated so i have given up and don't really care any more but because i am a new member i want there to be some good topics to talk about not just people asking what knobbles to cut off there tyre's and stuff like that. <_<

Your answer to being validated is below

If they want to ask questions like that, then let them? Why not help them out, then you will get validated and be able to post in the members section of TF.

On the point of NMC being worse than Members, I beg to differ, Members has been bollox for a long time now and NMC has been more interesting.

On the point of NMC being worse than Members, I beg to differ, Members has been bollox for a long time now and NMC has been more interesting.

Naaah.

The NMC topics are frequently shite because a lot of new members are kids, and kids don't seem to have the ability to figure things out for themselves.

Naaah.

The NMC topics are frequently shite because a lot of new members are kids, and kids don't seem to have the ability to figure things out for themselves.

Or spell, or use correct punctuation, or type on more than one line, or in good English.

But then there are Full Members who's posts are almost as bad, although they get suitably rebuked by other members.

I appluade the full members who assist and spend a great deal of time encouraging the younger/newer generation of trials riders. Achieving this without looking down their nose at them is quite difficult on ocassion.

I often venture into NMC, often it ends with being completely baffled by the standard of the post's. However if it is legible, I will try and assist if I have the time/willpower.

For those wishing to be validated:

-Get a spell-checker add-on

-Re-read replies before posting. Do they make sense? If not no-one will give you a reasonable response.

-DO NOT use 'cos' instead of because, 'wud' instead of would, 'shud' instead of should, or any other b*****d offspring of the 'txt' generation

Bastard? Censored, really?

Edited by shamus

Since V3 came in, only the admins can demote users to NMC. As a result, more warnings for txt tlk have been handed out to full members instead of demotion to NMC.

From my perspective, the OP's original failing is most likely that he doesn't use a capital letter at the begining of a sentence, or for I when used as a pronoun.

If they want to ask questions like that, then let them? Why not help them out, then you will get validated and be able to post in the members section of TF.

New members can not vote for other new members so clearly that does not work.

hi

Ok then to start off with i'm not bothered about being a newbie

. And i really don't no why people want advice on how to do it that's not going to help if you want to learn the watch a video you will find it so much easier believe me.

Also we are not all newbie's in this section so there's no reason why we can't have topic like in the full members forum. :S

my apology's aidan

For some reason I believe you are annoyed about not being a full member otherwise you wouldn't state it and would carry on regardless. Although i can see your point about NMC being a bit small talk sometimes maybe you should take time to read FMC and NMC to find a good topic to start and get a good debate on. I would agree watching videos probably is a good way to learn, but talking always helps. Even if it is to get your self in the Trials-forum system.

Just to make things clear i've been a member since 05-December 07 being in NMC until only just a few weeks ago, if you create uninteresting topics and usually end in" please dev's validate me i love trials" like i used to before i grew up a little and took time to read and respond accordingly on these forums you probably wont get validated. ( I'm not stating you need to grow up here ) I only got into FMC after 3 years because i didn't put the effort in to make good responsive topics that people can actually input to.

So really considering you've only been a member since Christmas time ish its nothing really to be concerned about.

As for the new members validating each other, it would be a silly idea. You could simply make several accounts and bOOm your done. I regularly take time to respond to NMC because others did for me. I feel the system works maybe it should be 10 votes but meh I'm not to decide.

All the best, Stefan

Edited by Ipod Bob
  • Like 1

because then all these noobies would vote for each other and overthrow the whole system :rolleyes:

Not being rude, or joining in any kind of slating bandwagon here. But the more times you post in this topic, the more likely you are to never get validated.

Full members really AREN'T as cruel as people in NMC seem to believe, if you make good topics with well worded and punctuated posts you can be validated really really quick.

I got validated within a matter of hours when I first signed up, not bragging just showing that it can be done.

I vote quite often for new members who are making a decent contribution in here, go make some posts and I might give you one!

....Then i'll vote for you.

....If you're good. :lol:

• Like 1