Backwards Brake Setup On Yaabaa .why?

Jackibrap

Just seems a little ludacris to me to be selling it this way to people not on "the continent (where Koxx are based) .

If the bike is sent to the UK, we set the brakes up UK style - if it's sent to a country that uses left hand front brake, we set it up like that :) Simples.

If the bike is sent to the UK, we set the brakes up UK style - if it's sent to a country that uses left hand front brake, we set it up like that :) Simples.

The bike I bought from you this spring had that UK brake setup, which kind of caused me a lot of problems trying to learn riding it that way. Gave up and Switched the levers in the end though >_>

Nothing personal, Tarty <3

The bike I bought from you this spring had that UK brake setup, which kind of caused me a lot of problems trying to learn riding it that way. Gave up and Switched the levers in the end though >_>

I received a front brake with very long hosing, probably because it was set up for a UK style bike. Forget to mention I´m using a euro style setup so it was my own fault though :)

I ride euro style out here, and one other american also rides that way due to him being used to it from motorbikes I think.

switching from bicycle to motorcycle is a bit strange but I learned bicycle way before motorcycle so it's more rooted in my mind.

I'd end up on my face if I switched the levers around.

Edited by kevlarorc

Which bike was that? If it's an Onza, it's slightly different. Of course, if the levers are different left and right (such as one hydraulic and one cable) we can't really swap them or the bike would look pretty bad - we leave that up to the customer. In fact, was your bike delivered with the grips removed?

I received a front brake with very long hosing, probably because it was set up for a UK style bike. Forget to mention I´m using a euro style setup so it was my own fault though :)

Which brake was that? If it's a Magura, then it's explained on the website that they are all supplied with full length hose to suit both Euro and UK markets.

I think it's because motorbikes have the front brake on the right, and mopeds have the front brake on the right and rear on the left, so bicycles over here just use that.

Edited by Muel

Which bike was that? If it's an Onza, it's slightly different. Of course, if the levers are different left and right (such as one hydraulic and one cable) we can't really swap them or the bike would look pretty bad - we leave that up to the customer. In fact, was your bike delivered with the grips removed?

you, Onza one. The grips were off and I just switched the levers, even if the HS-33 hose is kinda short to be placed on the right side of the handlebar to fit the frame clips. Anyway, it's alright, thanks for the great service and staying in touch, Tarty team. Also, getting some 400 pounds cost parts for an upgrade on monday <3

But a motorbike set up is more like UK style, front brake on the right...

Euro style = UK style? *Shrugs* I guess that doesn't make any sense.

I'm saying I, and one other american rider here have rear brake on the left, everyone else is the other way round.

What European countries ride uk-style?