Trying Tailwhip - Guilherme Magno

Guilherme Magno!

It's going fine until that point:

81782916.jpg

When you've already decided that it's not going to work and your brain has decided to put your right foot down to save you. I used to ddo the same with skateboard kickflips. It basically comes down to mind over matter- just commit more as Leiston says and you'll get there.

Not that I can do them of course but just sayin'!

You're in the same position as me at the moment with the kick whips. The problem is you need to get more air time with your body or you need to increase the speed of the whip so, either way, you have more time to land. At the moment the only reason you're getting one foot on is you're retracting that leg into your body. I doubt you could land both feet on the pedals with that sort of retraction in both legs - but maybe it's possible? Also when you start getting either more air time or a faster whip you'll be left with more time to look where your feet are going to go - that point where you actually get a moment to plan is when you've got the whip/air time technique dialed and all you need to focus on is the confidence to actually land one.

I am however making assumptions about the similarity between whips out of quarters and those out of a kick. I struggle to see that there should be any difference though.

I can't tailwhip but alot of my friends who ride bmx can, when I was trying them I was getting almost as close as you were, my friends told me to 'sweep' my bike across my body to get it back under my legs more, then just get my ankles closer together as my feet were coming down to the pedals. You look really close though and just keep practicing, you'll have it soon ! :D

Hope this helps, Ellis .