Perfect Geometry?

i like cunning stunts

So decided to order another marino as i want a bike custom to my needs again. I currently have a coust v2 which is a typical comp style bike, long, light ect..

Anyway with the Marino i want a sort of compromise but i am a bit unsure of what geo to make it. The main thing i have been missing doing on the coust is bunnyhops which is near impossible on it i know its not designed around that but still. The new frame has to be able to bunny well but still tap, sidehop and gap nicely also which is were the compromise should come in..

Could some bright folk chip in as to what geo to go for, 385 stays, 380 stays? Wheelbase and bb height? Thanks in advance peeps.

Heres my old 24 marino that i didnt get to test as the tensioner design was awful and broke within minutes..

IMG_0095.jpg

Edited by Jake-Ansell

^^fix that Marino, shouldn't be overly difficult.

Have you tried other stocks? I always found shorter stays were nice. Harder, slicker tyres, steeper stem, harder gear ratio is something worth considering. Not worth experimenting with a custom, especially seeing as you had problems before.

Why not an Inspired either? Those are pretty allround.

^^fix that Marino, shouldn't be overly difficult.

Have you tried other stocks? I always found shorter stays were nice. Harder, slicker tyres, steeper stem, harder gear ratio is something worth considering. Not worth experimenting with a custom, especially seeing as you had problems before.

Why not an Inspired either? Those are pretty allround.

Not worth experimenting with another custom? why? The problem was the tensioner system this time im just gonna go with snails..

No think you have missed my point a little, the inspireds wouldnt be able to sidehop as well as i wanted,plus a lot more expensive if i dont like it, my riding is all about tapping, gapping ect not spinny moves the compromise would be i want to bunnyhop again so would probably need something a little shorter than 1100 but am lost with stay length and bb height, i would like a high bb but this would ruin the bunny moves...

Your point on the tyres i will be running some contis, slick tyres are not an option because i ride a lot of natural too.

Edited by Jake-Ansell

Ive had a marino, and geo was amazing, when rode felt light, amazing for tgs, geo was 1080wb, 30bb rise, 72ha, 380stays, i still say was the best bike i rode, and ive rode shit loads! I realy recomend that geo

Thanks for the input was looking at similar geo, not sure it would be that good for taps though as thats quite short. :S

Thanks for the input was looking at similar geo, not sure it would be that good for taps though as thats quite short. :S

nope, was epic, would still have it, if the spacing wasnt 90mm, i know several people who would agree but if i wasnt skint id have another.....

I did consider your geo yesterday but after watching your video i dont think the bike fits you that well. There is no way that bike would be nice for bunnyhops either (Y)

Hahaha, you made me laugh, I told you that video was my first ride ever on it. Now that I have found my position on it, I am just better than ever.

Seems like you'll never be happy.

Anyway, my marino is 1060, 20, 70, 380. That geo and the build I had done everything you ask for. Shame I just sold it, you could have had it.

I have had a lot of bikes and i mean a lot, been riding on and off for over ten years now and until i find the perfect bike for me i dont think i will be happy with what i have got, thats the whole point of buying different bikes is it not to see what suits you??

Seen your marino but 1060 i think is way short too short dont think 50' + taps would be possible on it..

Canardweb am sure your much better now but i can only judge it on what i saw and the bike looked too long for you and the bb looked silly high! Prove me wrong with a vid of you doing some high bunnys! ^_^

I have had a lot of bikes and i mean a lot, been riding on and off for over ten years now and until i find the perfect bike for me i dont think i will be happy with what i have got, thats the whole point of buying different bikes is it not to see what suits you??

Seen your marino but 1060 i think is way short too short dont think 50' + taps would be possible on it..

Canardweb am sure your much better now but i can only judge it on what i saw and the bike looked too long for you and the bb looked silly high! Prove me wrong with a vid of you doing some high bunnys! ^_^

I think I'll make you dream. I am working on one. Hahaha, you're the first person ever to tell me that this bike doesn't fit me, everybody thinks I am "so" smooth with it that they think it suits me perfectly. I just had to adjust my position on it. Lengyel Adrian helped me on that and now it's perfect!

EDIT: I don't want to show off though...

Edited by Canardweb

I think I'll make you dream. I am working on one. Hahaha, you're the first person ever to tell me that this bike doesn't fit me, everybody thinks I am "so" smooth with it that they think it suits me perfectly. I just had to adjust my position on it. Lengyel Adrian helped me on that and now it's perfect!

EDIT: I don't want to show off though...

Didnt mean to put you down or anything mate was just my observation on that video i watched, maybe youv'e got used to it, but i still dont think the geo is an advantage for anything..

My thoughts exactly. 1080 will only be too short for taps if you can't do taps.

No a 1080 frame will no doubt be harder to tap than say an 1100 wb bike thats why I was looking for a compromise on the geo that should be good for both. I started the thread to see if someone could help out, typical negative tf responses.

No a 1080 frame will no doubt be harder to tap than say an 1100 wb bike thats why I was looking for a compromise on the geo that should be good for both. I started the thread to see if someone could help out, typical negative tf responses.

And say an echo control- they tap amazing.......

I

I can tap my 24", and that's shorter?

And I know 3 mod riders who do it.

And say an echo control- they tap amazing.......

Both missing the point a bit, ive had a because 24 which is longer than the average 24 and it was nowhere near as easy and as fun to tap as the coust, I also had an 09 control before the coust which I agree was an amazing frame and to be honest I couldnt fault it maybe was a little flexy which is why I sold it. But the control wasnt the best for bunnyhops. I dont know if I have made the right decision with the marino geo but I will keep updating a thread in bike pics.