My 2010 Meta Vtt2 Hs

JKH

Affter riding dual disc for over a year, I decided to change it up a bit and build a dual HS33 bike.

Well, it started with these two RB levers I found buried in my tool kit, and went from there The weight is a bit under 8.9Kg, not bad considering it still has a relatively heavy front wheel. Netto is building me a new front wheel with a lighter hub and ti spokes, so we will see the final weight after I tweak the bike over the winter.

Meta VTT2 - available in limited quantities at HBtrials.com and Tartybikes!

P1010835-9.jpg

P1010833-8.jpg

P1010832-7.jpg

P1010827-6.jpg

P1010826-5.jpg

P1010822-4.jpg

P1010821-3.jpg

P1010820-1.jpg

P1010816-2.jpg

P1010814-1.jpg

Edited by JKH

Thanks for the comments! The bike rides amazingly well - geo is comparable to the Grey Sky or the Slate2. The higher BB (+55mm) is a nice improvement over the previous version (the last one was +40mm), especially coupled with the long stem and the carbon riser bar.

About the bashring, well, it is my first time using a half ring >_< . I followed the advice on tartybikes and gave it some room to slip, but it slipped more than I thought it would (around a half rotation!). Next time I am using a vice and tightening the FW down with a tool!

Yes, the mounts are just 2 back magura mounts, with the top one ground down a bit so the bolts sit nicely. I will be switching to a TNN setup on the rear soon, but keeping the front as-is.

Overall, I'm pleased with the bike! The Maguras make quite a bit of noise compared to the disc brakes on my other bike, but they feel pretty solid (no wheel flex). The front end is quite a bit lighter than what I am used to, which helps a lot. I would recommend to anyone to get the front end of their bike as light as possible. Combined with the higher BB it just makes everything way easier.

Edited by JKH

Really nice set up man, one thing though how can you run them carbon rb levers? I used to run one of them and the flex in the lever body is unreal, couldn't stand it so i had to sell on.

I don't notice the flex on the lever body much. There is a bit of flex in the frame, so I will be running the TNN booster. That should stiffen things up a bit.

The front hub is a bit of a joke. I bought a big bag of RB stuff years ago...levers, bashrings, boosters, hubs. I'm getting a new wheel built with ti spokes, superlight hub in a couple of weeks.