Freewheels On The Market

AndyZoo

Hang on till next week and get a SL, well worth the wait as it will be the last freewheel you ever buy.

I wouldnt say they are "the last freewheel you will ever buy"

Ive seen a few topics saying the teeth have broken and you cant get replacement parts for them but on a whole they seem very good.

Get an eno if you want the last freewheel you will ever buy :wub:

SLSLSLSLSLSLSL, Andy, you've heard all the good reviews, hold in there with the tensile for just a bit longer thumbsupanim.gif

And I wouldn't bother with the rockman, remember mine? SKIP SKIP SKIP

You Had the 72 Click Rockman Freewheel, im onabout the 108 Click that came out just a bit ago.

But yeah guys might hold on and get a SL. Keep bringing the opinions and reviews in, Cheers

Ive seen a few topics saying the teeth have broken and you cant get replacement parts for them but on a whole they seem very good.

There was one, and that was because Rusevelt hit that tooth directly onto a wall, at an angle. It just bent, but when he tried bending it back it snapped off. I think we've got a couple of pawls and springs coming on our next order, but they're not going to be for sale as they're only in limited numbers, so they're going to be for warranty usage rather than actual saleable items. Having said that, I think we've had one SL back with a broken pawl, and one TR with a broken shell, and that was it...

Get an eno if you want the last freewheel you will ever buy :wub:

Sort of - however, it seems like Enos go through pawls and springs a lot quicker than SLs do. When I had an Eno I had it for about a year and had to buy an entirely new set of pawls and springs for it once, and a couple of other randoms at different points too. It was never, ever as crisp as my SL was engagement wise either. So yeah, you can buy spares for it, but with an Eno you will need to buy those spares. If you need anything other than the pawls and springs it also works out as pretty much being more expensive than just buying a TR freewheel...

Speaking of those - they only 'rust' if they get wet and are left like that. If you spray some GT-85 through them whenever they start getting a bit quieter it perks them up a bit and should stop any of that from happening. Or you can be all pro and use some thin lube I guess...

Is this true?

Speaking of those - they only 'rust' if they get wet and are left like that. If you spray some GT-85 through them whenever they start getting a bit quieter it perks them up a bit and should stop any of that from happening. Or you can be all pro and use some thin lube I guess...