Trials Clothing

dannytrialskid

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in buying new trials clothing?

Hi,

Just wondering who is interested in buying trials clothing. As some of you may know I set up Ace Bike Trials shop and was wondering whether making trials clothing would be an interest to the trials community.

Things like, T-Shirts, Hoodies, Shorts, Socks the lot really. Please choose your answer in the poll above, and if you have anything to say please post.

Regards,

Danny.

Shoes, that aren't over 70 quid..

Yeah I'm working on that one.

no iam sorry i meant stuff like shorts its my bad as iam not english i need some shorts/ trousers which are light,flexible and arent tight :)as i always crack mine in middle :D

Yeah ok cool.

I've pretty much got the t-shirts and hoodies sorted already.

Sorry, but I don't agree...why would someone pay for a teeshirt to advertise your shop? Surely these should work in the same way as Tarty with a free shirt for £X spent on parts?

At a guess, Tarty had to buy a LOT of teeshirts to get them at such rock bottom prices, and I bet on their sales the profit margin isn't fantastic - but at the end of the day, they're a bike shop, not a clothes shop.

Trials branding is all well and good, but there are a million and one trials type teeshirt shops out there, credit due that you are selling parts and maybe this will become a recognised brand and then I guess you could get away with it - however I understand this is marketing but I don't know of many people on here who'd purchase a teeshirt with another shop on it.

Perhaps look at the stickers that Tartybikes do - quick, easy and cheap marketing! People generally do stick things on their bikes and its a great way to get the hits - but again, maybe you want to wait until you have a website until you do that.

Although, if you're really wanting to go down the clothing line I'd suggest something a little more discreet; wearing something that says 'ACE BIKES' and 'MATT' on the back of it just makes me look like I work in a store.

I'd hold out on the self brand for a bit until you get fully on the market (website, recognition, respect as a retailer).

Just my two pennies :)

Best of luck.

What sort of designs would you suggest?

Gawd knows.

I'd concentrate on the parts before the clothing - we see this all the time on here were people say they'd buy clothing, but when it comes to it they just end up backing out...it's not a great market, if it were then everyone would be doing it. Most people have tried with a generic 'upload your image on print it on a mug/shirt/hoodie/watch/banner' and it never kicked off so they dropped it.

I'm unsure of your money situation but I'd invest in something more profitable than clothing ranges - perhaps try and find out whats missing from the trials market and cash in on that?