Coust Pad Problems

Kenny--Trials

Hey everyone,

I got some HS33 coust pads a while ago now. They weren't as good as someone else's HS33 coust pads, but i thought they were just bedding in. They are CNC backed.

It has now been 2 months and they are still rubbish. Have i done something wrong which i wasnt aware of?

Thanks.

Edited by Kenny--Trials

Are they original Cousts? or CoustSinks? (the heatsink brand)

as if your fiend has original and you have coustsinks then yours will be worse as the proper Coust pads are a lot better than the new ones.

If its not that, try changing rim? new grind? booster/no booster depending on your frame? set pads square?

Hope this helps

Edited by onza limey20

With some modification i bet they would, they are the only pads I haven't run in other company's backings, I have managed to fit Heatsinks in Rockpad backings, Tnns in Heatsink backings etc. so im sure you could get rocks to fit into Heatsink backings.

Edited by onza limey20

With some modification i bet they would, they are the only pads I haven't run in other company's backings, I have managed to fit Heatsinks in Rockpad backings, Tnns in Heatsink backings etc. so im sure you could get rocks to fit into Heatsink backings.

Okay. Thanks for everybody's help :)

Are they original Cousts? or CoustSinks? (the heatsink brand)

as if your fiend has original and you have coustsinks then yours will be worse as the proper Coust pads are a lot better than the new ones.

If its not that, try changing rim? new grind? booster/no booster depending on your frame? set pads square?

Hope this helps

No idea where you got that shit from 'cos Steve has stated multiple times it is the exact same material as original cousts

i use coustsinks on my front vee, they have an good hold a dangerous amount of bite and ear bleeding noise, and the setup is less than perfect, you must be doing something wrong

Same here, whilst there are rumours that the "original" coust material is apparantly different and better than the coustsinks, theyre still damn good pads!

I'm going to risk saying that probably less than 10% of brake problems can be attributed to the pads themselves. The remaining 90% is the grind, condition of the surface of the rim, pad setup, brake mounts, booster, bleed etc. You can even mess up the braking performance by grinding a rim incorrectly.

edit, Oh and if Steve says that he gets his Coust compound from Michael then that's the truth. If there is any difference between the so called original Cousts and HSB Cousts (which is actually only a rumour since I don't think anybody has performed a direct comparison) it can only be attributed to Michael Coustelliers actions.

Edited by Greetings

edit, Oh and if Steve says that he gets his Coust compound from Michael then that's the truth. If there is any difference between the so called original Cousts and HSB Cousts (which is actually only a rumour since I don't think anybody has performed a direct comparison) it can only be attributed to Michael Coustelliers actions.

Im not accusing steve, im just asking what i was doing wrong. i was just curious because mine didnt work in the wet but someone elses did.

Thought you said they were good now, we made shure they were straight, i re-bled your brake and then you put some tar on a med. grind and your running a booster :S whats wrong lol my heatsink yellow are fantastic.

EVERY ONE GO BUY SOME HEATSINK YELLOWS IN CNC BACKS, that also go's for you kenny just get refills of them not rock blues.

This is probably the reason <_< Great .... what a waste of £32 :angry:

HAHAHAHAHA this made me laugh so much.

Coustsinks are awesome when set up correctly. The pads are not the problem.

Their performance in the wet is also very good so check everything else that people have suggested.