The Gaming Thread......

James Quigley

• 2 weeks later...

XBOX 360 > Arcade Games > "Harm's Way" and "Dorito's Crash Course" are free.

Dorito's Crash Course is awesome, it's like Total Wipeout, and you get to play as your avatar. You also get Friends List leaderboards, so you can try and beat their times, and there's an online version I haven't played yet. Epic fun though.

In Harm's Way you get to team up with a mate, one of you races around the map with up to 3 other cars, and the other controls turrets dotted around the course to take down other cars. Pretty weird, not too bad when you get into it, good with mates.

• 2 months later...

Finally finished crysis the other night, had the iso and game files on my hard disk for ages and figured now I can play it maxed out at 40-50fps I should finish it :D

Pretty game, but not a patch on halflife 2 gamewise, would love to see how it runs on consoles :giggle:

Finally finished crysis the other night, had the iso and game files on my hard disk for ages and figured now I can play it maxed out at 40-50fps I should finish it :D

40-50? What card have you got?!

My 5830s are overclocked to 900/1125 up from 800/1025 stock, and I get 43fps in the benchmark.

EDIT: What res is that at? I'm on 1920x1200.

Edited by Muel

40-50? What card have you got?!

My 5830s are overclocked to 900/1125 up from 800/1025 stock, and I get 43fps in the benchmark.

EDIT: What res is that at? I'm on 1920x1200.

Thats not the benchmark, just average fps when playing which to be honest is most important ;)

GTX260 216core runnign 1600x1200 no fsaa everything else maxed DX9c, probably only get like 20 fps in the benchmark :D

Cod black ops was the worst purchase of my life lol. Piss poor. Im back onto COD4 atm. Anyways, seeing as this is a gaming topic, any of you still play some classic games ? Im talking REAL games, none of this online shit. Im talking resident evil 1,2,3 on PS1, Metal gear solid 1, original silent hill, Tomb raider ?

Still got my ps1 rigged up, i can actually record some of these older games and stick them on youtube for memories sake. I like and appriciate the fact of how far gaming has progressed, but at heart, nothing what they release today will ever touch any of the above ive listed on the ps1, truly amazing games.

Anyone else waiting for Crysis 2? I have low expectations.

Nah. It will have to be pretty amazing to win me. Thing I hated about the other 2, is that it took an absolute age to kill the enemy! The plot was also pants and the weapons shit. Multiplayer was rubbish as well. Yer, i didnt like it ;)

Got a decent set up ;) Just didn't like the game play. At the moment, playing GTA4 and still playing BF2 after around 5 years. If you like realism games, Project Reality mod for BF2 is a must, bloody hard work, game lasts 3 hours plus, get to use skill and teamwork and its a good laugh.

I just don't get minecraft at all. Well I get what you do, just not what the appeal is? I know there is an appeal because it's silly popular at the moment, but I can't see it.

Edited by Muel

Nah. It will have to be pretty amazing to win me. Thing I hated about the other 2, is that it took an absolute age to kill the enemy! The plot was also pants and the weapons shit. Multiplayer was rubbish as well. Yer, i didnt like it ;)

The only thing that really annoyed me were the super soldier Koreans that apparently were so hard they could headbutt bullets out of their way and check bullets with their chest.

Got a decent set up ;) Just didn't like the game play. At the moment, playing GTA4 and still playing BF2 after around 5 years. If you like realism games, Project Reality mod for BF2 is a must, bloody hard work, game lasts 3 hours plus, get to use skill and teamwork and its a good laugh.

And yes, PR is a brilliant mod. I love how slow and strategical the games can be. It is defiantly a game of patience - I just wish more games would take on board the couple of secs it takes before shots are accurate - at least for snipers anyway.

I had BF2BC, hated the mouse movement with a passion. Tried modding it but never got on with it.

I like running round tropical islands in a superman suit decimating korean soldiers before they even realise I'm there.

Treating you like a retard here, as I'm sure you're aware but did you turn HBAO off? It really threw the mouse for me, as it does for pretty much everyone. The game's fine when HBAO is turned off though.

Edited by ManxTrialSpaz